Never Give You Up

Age: 13-14
     Yes this is based from the 1985 song by Rick Astley

                                         <><><><>><<><><><>

It was cold. That's what El felt. It wasn't cold as in winter frost, but cold in a sinister way. She slowly and curiously wandered to the forest.

El came across a small fort. It wrote, 'Castle Byers'. El inhaled and slowly walked in. It had turns black. El was scared and alone until she realized she was transferred into the void.

She wondered why she was here. She looked in the distance to see Mike. "I'll never do that to her." He said sternly. She didn't know who he was talking to, but it seemed as though he was defending El.

El's cold hands touched Mike, but like everything else in her life, it fades away.

"Mike?! Mike where are you!?" She fell to the floor and cried. She felt something rap her shoulder. She slowly turned to see Will.

She didn't know if it was really him. Will offered his hand to get her off of the ground. "Will?" El asked. He didn't say anything.

Will took her hand and led her to another void. "I'm stronger than I was! I can do it Hopper!-No! I'm never going to give her up!" El teared up.

Will turned to her. Something was off, he looked happy. "Why are you happy?" He smiled, "He's taking care of you." Before you know it he faded away.

El gasped. She woke up sweating in her bed. She curled up into a ball. Hopper ran into the room. Since it was the summer, Hopper turned off the heat, so when he walked in and saw her, he knew it wasn't from the heat...

Hopper sat next to her, "kid are you okay!?" El hugged hopper. "I want to see Mike." Hopper shut his eyes, "you will tomorrow." He looked at his watch, it was 6:30 am. It was early for El.

"If you'd like you could stay up. It's already morning." She pulled away and nodded.

<><><><><><><><><><>

"Hold I'm so you dreamed of Mike helping you? The same Mike right?" Dustin laughed. Everyone looked at Dustin in a annoyed way.

"Yes. H-He helped me. He said he wasn't going to give m-me up." Mike smiles. "That's true. I will NEVER give you up." El smiles and hugged Mike for what felt like years.

Hopper loudly coughed, "You'll get mono if you hug for that long." Everyone laughed except for Mike and El. Mike didn't find it funny and El didn't even know what Mono was.

The rest of the day the party talked and did what normal teenagers did for once.

We all know Mike will never give El up, he will never turn around and hurt her.