"Thats not an issue, they can take my room, I can sleep on the terrace for one night" offered Dilpreet.

"No, no Dilpreet ji, thats too much, we can't ask this of you. You have already been so accommodating" said Richa. 

"That is no problem Richa ji, its matter of a night. These kids have come from so far to meet Gauri ji, really its no issue with me"assured Dilpreet.

There was this again, why Gauri loved this man so much, he was so caring and utterly selfless, be it in things small or big. 

Gauri sighed. 

Why was love so complicated?

**********************************

Omkara swatted another mosquito out of the way. 

The night wasn't an easy one, without a fan, half in the open, and mosquitos bothering him intermittently. But these things didn't bother him so much, with the whirlpool swirling in his heart. 

What was he to make of Gauri's silence yesterday? Was she going to consider his proposal? Had her anger abated? He got no chance to talk to her yesterday, after that one meeting.

Omkara saw the sun slowly peeking out from behind the clouds. Thanks to the mosquitos, he was awake much earlier than usual and good for him, because it seemed that someone else was too.

Gauri didn't see that Omkaraji was awake. 

She crept up quietly to the terrace to water the tulsi plant, offer her prayers, and then make way to the mandir. 

Omkara propped himself on his shoulder, gazing at her lovingly as she did her prayers. Now that he had confessed his feelings, a certain lightness had spread over him, he didn't need to feel conscious, shy, powerless in his feelings, he felt empowered to love and shower his love, shamelessly. 

Gauri could feel his eyes on her, but she kept a grip on herself. 

She did her pooja and quickly left the terrace. 

Well, now he had incentive to get ready soon, the house would be still asleep, he could catch Gauri alone, and know what she thinks. 

******************************************

"Going somewhere?" asked Omkara, softly, as he saw Gauri about to leave, with a pooja ki thali on her hand. 

"Temple" Gauri answered simply, without looking at him.

"Can I come too?" asked Omkara. 

"Why are you asking me? You can do whatever you want" said Gauri annoyed, still not looking at him.

Omkara came and stood before Gauri. 

"You know what I am asking" said Omkara. 

Gauri looked up at him, straight into his eyes, and said, "Har kahaani ke kismat mein poora hona nahi likha hai, Omkaraji" (Every story is not fated to have a happy ending).

Gauri turned to leave, but a tangle of fairy lights landed on her and Omkara, trapping them, together. 

Great, it seemed like everything was conspiring against her, thought Gauri.

Omkara raised his hand to free her from the lights, but Gauri shook her head. 

Fine, let her enjoy her stubbornness, thought Omkara 

"Poora hona kismat hain, iss adhoore kisse ki, abhi mohabbat karni hai, humein hamaare hisse ki" (It is the fate of this incomplete story to be completed, it is my turn to fulfill my share of our love) said Omkara confidently. 

Gauri was in a dilemma, she was still hurt by what had happened, but she couldn't let herself not hope. 

So, she focused back on untangling herself from the fairy lights, and leaving without looking behind. 

Omkara had glimpsed the hope in her eyes, and that gave him hope, to not give up so easily. 

*****************************

Gauri stood at the steps of the temple. 

Whenever she was confused, she wanted answers, there was one entity which she would question. Hopefully, he will show the way today as well.

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice the water spilt at the steps by some careless devotee and slipped on it. Gauri held a pillar to break her fall, but in the process sprained her ankle slightly. She sat down on the bottom step of the temple. 

It wasn't a bad bruise, probably the swelling would reduce in a couple of hours, but how was she to climb the stairs now? 

Someone held out his hand.

"Omkaraji" said Gauri exasperated. "What are you doing here?"

"You said I can do whatever I want, go wherever I want, so here I am. I want to be with you" said Omkara, and bent down. 

"What are you doing?" asked Gauri, surprised as his arms wound around her knees. 

"Helping you, climb the stairs, of course, or are you planning to offer your prayers from the bottom of the stairs itself?" said Omkara, simply, lifting Gauri into his arms, as she held on to him. 

"Why are you doing this?" asked Gauri, as he started climbing the stairs. 

"Why? For you, why else" answered Omkara. 

"You are not doing this for me. You are doing this to make up for what you did that day. Out of guilt. You.....you always do this. Put up an entire exhibition, wear a new identity and come here" complained Gauri, in a hurt voice.

"Thats not true, Gauri. Yes, I feel guilty, and yes, I want to make up for what I did, but my actions are not just because of that. I have already apologized to you for my actions, I did all this and will continue to care for you because I love you" argued Omkara.

"You love me, until you find the next thing that shakes your faith in this love. And then you would find another excuse, make up another story in your head, to reassure yourself that everyone is cheating you, betraying you. I thought after everything we've been through, even if there is no love between us, at least there would be trust, there would be faith" said Gauri. 

They had reached the top of the stairs. 

"Gauri, please, it won't happen again, I have changed, completely, forever" pleaded Omkara. 

Gauri didn't reply, just the tears welled in her eyes. 

"Please leave me alone Omkaraji. You came here, as Dilpreetji, and carved a place for yourself in everyone's hearts. Richa is getting married, three days from now. She will want you to attend her wedding. Please do stay here till the wedding. But then, leave. Leave, and never come back" said Gauri, and turned away from Omkara. 

Omkara kept standing at the same place, watching her proceed towards the idol. 

She didn't want him here, she told him to go. Then that's what he would do.

P.S. Simple update for today, angsty stuff coming up in the next ones!