64: Old Pan's last fortunes

You head out with him after he puts on another of his jackets. It's exactly the same as the one he just wore. You sit behind him on the Behemoth and hold onto him as usually. He speeds off to a lake with old, abandoned wooden huts around it. He stops there at the huts and you walk with him towards the lake. There's an old man in a boat, rowing closer to you two.

He looks chinese and he has wings

He looks chinese and he has wings. "Come, sit with me in my boat. I shall tell you your fortunes, young pair." He even sounds very old. You exchange gazes with Beelzemon and sit on the boat. "What's your name?" he asks after sitting down. "You can call me Old Pan.. Are you a demon lord, young man?" Pan asks. Beelzemon looks a little shook but then sighs. "Yeah... How'd you find out?" Pan smiles. "I might be blind but I can see into your souls. However, despite possessing the power of three demons, your heart is pure. Your girlfriend however..." You grab your chest, looking sad and the angel chuckles. "Nevermind. I guess I'm getting a little too old for this."

"So... Are you going to fight us after tricking us?" you ask. Pan laughs like an old man does, then coughs a couple times. "I was actually wishing you to find my hope so that I could leave this world. I'm too old for fighting now. Not even my legs work properly." You look at the legs that are neatly put over each other, noticing they're quite limp. "Then. What do you say about our future? Can we have kids?" Beelzemon says calmly, trying to hide his enthusiasm on the subject.

"Hmm... You both are completely different life forms... But I can tell you this. There is hope for you two. One must fight their king and achieve victory to compromise." You blush looking away. "Then, do I have to be stuck with that enthusiast for the rest of my life or is he going to grow up into the man he's supposed to be?" Pan laughs again. "Oh young girl.. The more you expect the more you'll be disappointed. His journey is but just begun. However, you're barking the wrong tree. Feel it within your heart and you'll find the answer." You wonder and look down. "My heart, huh... I wonder if it's still there..." Beelzemon hugs you from the side and pets your head. "It is, I promise."

After a moment of silence amidst the sound of the rippling lake, Beelzemon sighs and lets go of you to stretch. "How do you know all of this?" you ask. The old man smiles. "I think this is at least what I should know of every soul, even if they've got only the tiniest string of hope. I am the archangel of hope, Phanuel, after all." You look at the water and pull the right sleeve up to your wrist, feeling the water. Beelzemon looks at you, smiling before it fades away. "I suppose you won't give us any more information, right?" he asks. Pan is still smiling. "I've given you plenty to help you find your places in the world." Beelzemon looks at your fingers in the water.

"What about your wish? How do we fulfill it?" he asks the angel. "If you'd be so kind as to free me from the shackles of this world. I have no purpose anymore. I'm old and it aches everywhere and my feet are paralyzed. I've seen so much of this world and made these creatures so happy with my guidance I feel like I've completed my mission. All that's left for me is to have my soul freed so I could support everyone in the world..."

You watch Pan, starting to cry. Beelzemon is reaching for his Berenjena, but you grab his wrist and shake your head. "I'll do it. It won't... hurt...." You move closer to Phanuel, opening your arms. "Old Pan, let this hug be your last memory." The angel reaches out to you and hugs you. Your energy, now red, forms big wings that also hug Pan as his body evaporates into the air. He smiles happily, thanking you. After the body disappears, you grow weak and lean back, only to be caught by Beelzemon. Tears are streaming down your face like little rivers.

"Stop straining yourself, pumpkin pie.." he says. "Why... Why do we always have to end their lives... Even when they're not necessarily evil..." you sob, covering your eyes with your wrist. He pets your head that's laying on his laps. "They won't be able to come back and fix what they've done... Why do we have to fight... It's not fair... That god they worship out there... He must be a sadist to make his archangels suffer like that and fall into eternal damnation..." "You saved at least one soul, and this one you set free. And Michael is on our side now. That means you've managed to save at least half of the angels we've fought until now if we leave that scout out of this" he says. You shake your head. "It's not enough... I would've wanted to save everyone..."

He smiles down at you, wiping your tears away. "You should save those who you can reach. For example, Samael wasn't one to save. He was way too twisted." Only the boat is left now so he changes his form into the winged one to get out of the boat. You bury your face into his chest. "Thanks for being there for me.." He holds you close as he brings you to Behemoth. "His hope is in us now. Let's act like it" he says. He's showing Baalmon's side since he's being so gentle. "Baalmon?" you ask carefully. His eyes turn to you. "Did you forget my name?" he asks you with a gentle tone in his voice. "No, I didn't, Beelzemon!" you say and smile. 

You start wondering how to make him grow more unified, so that he wouldn't be just gentle and loving or just harsh and pervy. He starts the bike after taking back his normal form and you hold onto him as you both speed off back towards the tower.

*What do you think about the story so far? Is it turning lame, or is this good for a change? There will be more action in the future, yes, but I wanted to do something that would further character development in a way. For example, the moral issues with killing the angels that's come up now, since they're their own kind of living beings. Anyway, if you got hopes/wishes for the future of this story, please feel free to tell it in the comments. I'll most likely put them in the story :)*