10: Feverish triumph

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?" Impmon asks. "w-w-well w-what d-d-d-d-do you- ACHOO! t-t-think?" you try to speak while shaking uncontrollably. "Can I crawl under your clothes?" he answers with another question. You glare at him. "N-n-no, why?" He shrughs. "I thought that maybe the body temperature of the mighty Demon Lord spawn such as mine would had helped." "A-as if.."

You try getting back up and manage, walking shakily back to Behemoth. "Does this thing have something like winter tires or l-literally anything to compensate the ice and snow.." He hops on it and again he manifests a finger like the Demon Lord's and it presses the surface of the bike which opens a hatch revealing a ton of buttons, then pushes a button with a snowflake on it. The tires of the bike get covered with metal studs. "Is that good?" he asks. You admire the tires for a moment before nodding. After that you button up the oversized jacket to protect you from the cold even for just a little and hop back on the bike.

As you drive it slowly through the snowy woods, you notice an icy bridge that looks way too flimsy to cross with Behemoth. As you stop at the cliff, you see there's a river flowing in between this and the opposite cliff which are connected by the bridge. In the river there are floating icicles. Chills run down your spine.

Impmon looks behind the two of you, taking a protective stance. You ready Berenjena, because you can feel it too. Somebody's coming. Between the pinetrees you see two glowing red eyes nearing you two. It walks straight at Impmon who unleashes a few dark fire balls while chanting 'Night of Fire' which unfortunately do nothing.

SkullBaluchimon
Undead Digimon
Level: Ultimate
Attribute: Data
Attacks: Grave Bone, Deadly Fear

You try aiming it but feel cold and wobbly, missing the shot as you pull the trigger. "H-hey what are you doing!" Impmon shouts. Yeah, what are you doing? you ask from yourself. You feel like you're having a fever of some sort but don't want Impmon to worry. "It's an ultimate, there's no way you could beat it!" He summons a dark blizzard, but it only freezes SkullBaluchimon's feet lightly. "That's why you're with me! To give me support!" Impmon shouts. You sigh and stare at your hands, feeling the energy welling up inside you and channeling it to the hands, forming claws. A fire burns in your eyes. "No, I'm with you to save this world!" You roar out like a gladiator as you charge at the digimon and slash at its side. It leaves a wound, however it was a little bit too weak. Your resolve isn't strong enough but you still keep hitting it.

"(Y/N)... Are you alright?" Impmon asks from you as he's summoning elementals of fire and ice from a funnel on the ground to hit the bigger digimon, but for naught. It just charges at Impmon, throwing him at a tree. He loses his consciousness. "GLUTTONY, LEND HIM YOUR STRENGTH! IT'S YOUR BODY IN THE END!" You try holding the digimon back, hearing Gluttony's voice inside your head: I can't really do anything. Releasing any more of my strength would turn him into rampant data. The claws made out of your energy are just a bit away from falling apart. You try shooting at it again, but the bullet just passes through the digimon without the slightest amount of damage done.

"IMPMON!" you yell as you gather the rest of the energy to your fist, forming brass knuckles. "I CAN'T GO ON WITHOUT YOU!" you keep yelling as you land a hit on SkullBaluchimon, making it flinch and take a couple steps back, before shaking its head and trying to attack again. This time you're the target. "IMPMON!!" you yell as you almost see your life passing before your eyes. The Digivice starts glowing a bright light towards Impmon, having him wake up. "(Y.../N)...."

He starts floating up, being enveloped by the light. His horn-things evaporate and skin color changes all over to remind a light shade of blue, his arms and legs elongate, he gains a couple fingers more and his feet start resempling those of a human's. His head shrinks a bit and starts growing a short-ish blonde hair, then the red scarf you gave him transforms its shape, covering his body in a yellow onesie with red details. A red vest appears over the onesie and a blue cape wraps around his neck, covering half of his face too. A blue wizard hat with a skull decoration lays on his head and on his feet poof a pair of old-fashioned brown shoes. The light dissolves and he floats back down on the ground.

"I... evolved..." the evolved form of Impmon says. "I've become... My name is Wizardmon now!" he continues. You try backing away from SkullBaluchimon but trip and fall down on your butt, hurting it. At the same time Wizardmon jumps in between you and the digimon, holding it back with a staff. "Im-.. Wizardmon..." you say, staring at him from the back. "Get back, I can take him on now" he says in a calm manner.

He pushes it back and jumps in the air, raising his golden staff. Suddenly pointing it down like he pulled something down with the tip that resembles the sun, meteors start falling from the sky, hitting SkullBaluchimon. It roars in pain and flinches as Wizardmon comes back down on the ground, slashing through the digimon's body with his staff covered in purple energy. The digimon starts evaporating and Wizardmon gathers half of the particles out of it before the rest turns into an egg and flies away. He turns around to face you, but you're only shaking in the snow, panting and struggling not to lose your consciousness.

"(Y/N)!" He rushes to your side, lifting your upper body a little bit from the snow. "Wi....zardmon..." you try to talk, in attempt to not make him worry about you. "Don't talk" he says, placing his other hand to your forehead. "You're burning up. We need to treat you right away. I know a place. Can you stand?" You weakly try pushing him away. "Who do you... take me for... A baby?" You try standing up with his support, nearly failing for becoming so weak with the fever. "S-see? I can walk... perfectly fine...." You walk weakly to the Behemoth, but struggle getting on. Wizardmon helps you on and hops on in front of you. "I'll drive this time. Just hold onto me." You wrap your arms around him and lean weakly against his back with all your body weight. If you saw his face, it would be flushed under the collar of the cape.

He raises his staff into the air, mumbling something what sounds like an ancient spell, resulting in a solid rock bridge forming between the cliffs. He starts driving through it to the other side, then keeps going forward through a broad expanse. You close your eyes and melt into his warmth.