6: Village of Beginnings

You park Behemoth close to the end of a forest. There is a huge tree in the middle, bouncy fancy patterned ground and playblocks in the distance. You think they must be huge to be seen all the way back to the end of the village. There are no houses, just the tree and a lot of playthings. Carrying the egg, you walk through the bouncy ground towards the tree. For some reason, tears start coming out from the corners of your eyes. The tears hurt the wound under your left eye but you manage. You'll be seeing the man again so you feel joy.

There's a digimon at the foot of the tree, keeping watch. "I'm... here... When will he hatch...?" The digimon looks at you in confusion but you fall down on the soft ground with the egg in your arms. You feel so tired and you pass out.

You dream. You're at a dark place, shouting at something to get away from you while you've curled up on yourself in panic. The man's voice speaks behind your back with a gentle tone. "Fear not. I'm right here." You can feel his hand on your shoulder before you're wrapped into a soft, loving embrace in his arms. "Wake up~" he wheedles into your ear.

The egg cracks. You've been moved into a bed while you were sleeping. You look at the egg in your arms. There's a crack and a black eye is staring out at you through it silently. "H-hi?" you stutter. "You're finally awake. Took you long enough, human." You look behind you only to see a weird flower bush bird digimon. "I'm Deramon and I'm guarding the Village of Beginnings. Where did you get that egg?" You just stare at it and try to find Berenjena. "Don't even try. I'm not a bad digimon. Would a bad digimon take care of all these babies?"

The rest of the egg cracks open and a purple.... thing??? comes out. It's like it's glued to you. It won't let go of you. You get up. "Well what's up little guy? Remember me?" The thing nuzzles you in response. You pet it gently. "Would you like something to eat?" The thing squeaks happily as you give it a glazed doughnut with sprinkles. It eats it right away. It has black eyes and it's about a little bit smaller than your head. "That's a Kiimon, Fresh-level digimon, just like every other baby digimon. It seems to like you a lot. Do you two have history?" You shake your head. "Not really. I just happened to stumble upon him right before he died and he turned into an egg."

"I doubt that. It seems you've got the touch of the Demon Lord of Gluttony. It's like He was your guardian angel. I feel it. How peculiar. If I'm not mistaken, maybe the one that hatched is to become the Demon Lord once again." You huff. "Again with the Demon Lord business. I don't even know what each of you are talking about. All I know was that he seemed to be a reasonable, caring man before his death. I heard a human suddenly changed him. Do you know more?" you ask. Deramon facepalms and tells you to sit down because it'll be telling a lot of things.

"If you know the Seven Deadly Sins, you remotely know of the Seven Great Demon Lords. There is one representing each sin. Wrath, pride, greed, lust, sloth, envy and gluttony. The one you're holding there, used to represent gluttony. Before evolving to Mega, he used to keep drinking and eating all he wanted, so much that eventually all his servants turned into Bakemon, or ghosts like you would say. When he got his evolution, he was acknowledged as a Demon Lord. At the time there were only three others, Lust, Pride and Wrath. He was named Gluttony."

"He went all over the digital world and gathered data from different strong opponents he had fought for fun until they died. Returning to his lair, he would drink and eat like he would celebrate a bigger occasion, but this was just everyday business for him. If someone went in his tower and asked, why he was celebrating, he would mostly answer: 'for this' and burp loudly after, then laugh. He was the worst. But he realised he was missing something to make him stronger - a companion. He sought from far and wide but everyone just tried to use him."

"One day he went to a clairvoyant to seek his perfect match, but all it showed was just a human girl. He took the clairvoyant to his tower, demanding them to keep showing you to him around the clock. He became obsessed with you so he wanted to take you to this world. He even saved you a few times, disregarding his pride. Then he angered the gods on his way to invite you to this world, having to escape them to the ends of the world. The gods had known of the lurking danger that was yet to be unleashed, deciding to bind your fates together and making you the legendary warrior to help them bring light. The gods invited you here in the end after wounding him to the brink of death. You were to carry the egg here and hear the reason of your journey to know what to do next. On your journey you became stronger as you learned to control the power of the Demon Lord. Now, you must come to terms with your own strength since you passed the power back to... Where is he now?"

Kiimon had crawled into your backpack earlier. You hadn't noticed because you're still embarrassed of the thought if he saw you change clothes and shower. POOF. Kiimon turned into a slightly impish-looking head. "He seems to be already in the gluttony mood. He's already a Yaamon" Deramon huffs. You stare at the Yaamon. He's now a little bit bigger than your head. It kisses your cheek and looks at you with puppy eyes. "Please marry me, (Y/N)!!"