2: I'm glad you came

You find yourself at a field, laying down with your backpack and the first-aid kit. Around you seems to be a slightly dark environment - the grass, the sky and the trees. Its almost like everything's withered. You get up and look around better. The sky is so cloudy you can't even tell whether it's morning or evening. There's no guaranteed method telling how long you were unconscious for. You need to find him.

You feel drawn to the direction of the tree on your left and walked there. After a mile you seem to find yourself in an abandoned village. He's definitely here, you feel it. A few moments after searching you're at the same corner you saw in your daydream. However, only under a half of the man's body remains. "A-are you okay? I brought in some first-aid stuff.. But it seems I took too long..." His right hand reaches out to hold your right then places it on what's remaining of his chest. "I'm... Not going to make it.. My time is up. But I will be reborn within these gentle hands of yours." You find it weird he could still talk and do things without half of his body, let alone having his head gone. "What are you talking about? M-mister, don't go yet!" The particle-like evaporation reaches his last elbow, making his wrist and hand be the last thing left of him but it keeps holding onto your hand firmly.  "I'm glad you came for my sake, (Y/N).." With those words he was gone.

The particles around you that came from him come back into one spot, compressing into an oversized egg. You grab a hold of the egg and start crying. A gun appears in your left hand that holds the egg against your chest, along with a red scarf. After drying your tears you tie the red scarf around your neck and examine the gun. "Berenjena..." you read and think it's probably the name. You put Berenjena under your knee-long skirt, having it held by the garter on your thigh. The egg is safely put into your backpack and you begin your journey.

 The egg is safely put into your backpack and you begin your journey

You reached another habitat about a few hours ago. You don't know how long you've been walking but at least it's not hot since it's a grassful swampland. It seems deserted too since not even one living thing has come upon you. Not even a cricket. It's quiet, too quiet, you think. Something is watching you. 

You keep walking straight. You hear splashing that sounds like steps and ready the Berenjena. A dinosaur looking thing came out in the open, suddenly screeching and attacking you. You dodge and notice it's going for the egg. As you take out the gun the feathery dinosaur jumps over you to get to the egg. Quickly you turn around and try aiming but it's too fast to aim before shooting. click. You shoot at it. The one bullet just pierces through the creature and it starts evaporating in a moderate pace.

A light comes down from the sky to your hand. It forms itself into a wearable looking thing on your wrist with three buttons, being colored black and red all over. The screen expands and shows a picture of the evaporated creature with stats.

Diatrymon
Ancient Bird Digimon
Level: Champion
Attribute: Vaccine
Attacks: Mega Dash Impact, Destruction Roar, Blast Shot.

"Digimon?" you ponder. Diatrymon's particles compress into an egg that starts to fly off somewhere. You think of the egg, put the Berenjena back and follow the direction where Diatrymon's egg went.

After a little while you come upon a windy village with old-fashioned cottages. In the distance you see an old couple with a broom and a weird staff, cleaning and gardening. You think of asking them for advice and close the distance steadily whilst keeping yourself alert.

Arriving at the garden on the right side of the cottage, you're immediately greeted. "Oh my, hello there!" says the old woman, rushing to you right after. "Hey. I was just wondering--" You're cut off by the woman. "Welcome to our village! I'm Babamon and that one over there is Jijimon. What are you called?" You sigh. "I'm (Y/N) and I'm a human girl. I think I need some help." "Help?" you hear the man called Jijimon say. He makes his way to you too. "What might be the problem?" he continues. "Well... where do I start?" you wonder out loud. "Come in and let's see if we can help you over a cup of tea" Babamon says. You nod and follow the couple inside the cottage. What could be the worst thing to happen now?

The aroma of the tea calms you down. The warmth, the bitterness and the sweetness all wrap together wonderfully, like your grandma's tea in her best days. "So... It all began with me seeing dreams of this guy. First he saved me, then he was running for his life, then he was dying and asked for help. I started receiving text messages from an unknown sender and I miraculously survived a motorcycle crash without a scratch and then I started hearing voices, I passed out while reaching into a locker in the boys' changing rooms and the next thing I did was finding myself in the middle of nowhere, seeing the guy dying and flirting at me and stuff, then he went and turned into a stupid egg I feel like I'm supposed to protect with this scarf and..." you ramble. "And?" the couple asks in unison. You pull out Berenjena and show it carefully to them. "...And this. I think it's called Berenjena."

As you finish talking they examine the gun. "Could it be...?" Babamon asks Jijimon. "Hmm.. Yes, I think it has to be..." Jijimon answers. "Can you tell me too? That's the main reason I asked you guys" you say, shrugging and rolling your eyes. They look at each other and nod. "You must be the legendary hero our folklore tells about."