Chapter 6

I told you that this would be much bigger! Tell me how you think it is!

Chapter 6

Alexia woke up to Mr. Dillenwater staring down at her with a strange look.  It took her only a second before she remembered what had happened before she was knocked out.  She scowled at Mr. Dillenwater and tried to get up to punch him only to find that she was bound to a table with leather straps over her legs, stomach, and chest.  "Let me go!  NOW!"  She screeched at him, squirming and trying to be free of the straps digging into her.

"I'm sorry Alexia, I can't do that.  You shouldn't even be awake right now, that drug was to keep you out for another two hours.  That's okay though, we have all of our tests already done, so we can now introduce you into the community."  He said with an evil grin.

"Community?  What community?  I WANT TO GO HOME!"  She screamed at him.  She just wanted to get out of the chair and kill him.  Then she remembered her power.  Normally she wouldn't resort to it, because it seemed so unfair, but this was different.  She tried to reach out with it.  Normally, when she tried to pick something up with her telekinesis, all she had to do was imagine any amount extra arms that could be as big, or strong as she wanted them.  This time though, it wouldn't work.  She couldn't find the arm that she normally found with such ease.  "WHAT DID YOU DO!"  She screeched again.

"We have a small piece of machinery in this area that stops your type of power.  It messes with the frequency that your brain requires to use your form of telepathy.  You are utterly powerless, so you are completely under our control.  That's your first warning to abide by our rules and obey us.  You also have to cooperate for all of our tests."  He said with a blank expression.  Alexia wondered what happened to the smile, hoping that the worst was over.

"Well, I guess I have no choice, so what are the rules?  I mean, I need to know them if I'm going to obey them, right?"  Alexia said, with a hint of sarcasm.  "Let me guess, no using your powers to throw things at other kids?  Or maybe it's that we all have to clean our plates after dinner."

Alexia felt a sharp stinging pain in her leg.  She bit her lip to keep from screaming, drawing blood in her lip.  She hear Mr. Dillenwater laugh darkly, but barely noticed from the pain.  "What.  Is.  This!"  She tried to mutter from closed teeth, barely getting it loud enough for him to hear.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, we installed a new prototype of a discipline controller in you.  Whenever you do what we don't like, we will give you a certain amount of pain in your leg.  We chose your leg because you can't get away as easy when the pain is in your leg.  Oh, and those aren't the rules.  The rules have to do with the fact that you mainly do whatever we say, you don't try to escape, and you don't get into fights with the others."  He smiled evilly, making sure that she saw it.  Alexia cursed under her breath, the only time she has ever cursed in her life.  Mr. Dillenwater heard and said "Now now, cursing won't help!  If you keep going we just might have to wash your mouth out with soap."  Alexia grimaced.  She was sure that they actually would.

Alexia wanted to start sobbing, but wouldn't let him see her cry.  Instead, she let her anger consume her, as Mr. Dillenwater was pouring over the results of whatever tests that they had put her through.  As she was lying on the table, trying to think of ways to get the leather straps off of her, she felt herself heating up.  It felt kind of like they turned up the heat in the room, not bad, but weirdly hot.  Mr. Dillenwater had sweat starting to appear on his brow, while Alexia had none whatsoever.  To her, it felt like it was about 75 degrees, while it looked like Mr. Dillenwater felt 100.

In the middle of her thoughts of the warmness of the room, Alexia heard crackling.  It sounded like a fire, but it felt no hotter in the room.  She looked down the length of her body.  She gasped loudly, causing Mr. Dillenwater to look over at her and gasp as well.  There were small fires breaking out along the leather straps.  The fire was lightly tugging at her clothes, but not burning them.