7 | Round Two.

As a child, Macey adored the library. Being surrounded by a plethora of books, she could spend hours, sometimes even an entire day, just reading. In this moment, as she stood before the librarian and wondered whether or not she would get a chance to explore, she realised that her chances of leaving with a story she would like were slim.

"There's meant to be two of you," hissed the librarian, her snake like eyes narrowing back and forth between macey and the entrance.

She surveyed the disappointment circulating across the librarian's face, creasing at the bitter old ladies demeanour towards her. Her wrinkles creased heavily around her eyes, with the scales along her body glimmering like glass in the sunlight. Claws as sharp as needles pointed to the entrance and her fangs jutted from her mouth when she spoke.

"Where is the other one?" she asked.

Macey shrugged. "Probably messing around," she said, twirling a piece of hair that draped down her face.

Suddenly, a loud bang echoed all around her. Pieces of wood chipped off the tables that she had thrown towards the doors, with crumpled up papers tumbling past her shoes. However, as Macey glared at the librarian, who spun around for a brief second, she then began to wonder if the old lizard was deaf. Retreating right by her side was the angered Heslington, his scowl set deep within his face, brows so low that she thought it was a permanent dent in his head.

Connor groaned lowly. "You're a headache," he mumbled, straightening the collar of his shirt, dusting off invisible dust off his pants. He then closed his eyes, exhaled angrily and opened his eyes. "Hello miss..."

However, just as the fire sage was about to present the old lady with his plastered on smile and fake niceness, the librarian walked towards a slot in the desk and lifted it up.

"Come with me," she hissed. "And please keep the bickering to a minimum."

Macey rolled her eyes, letting the ignorant Heslington lead the way. She dragged her sneakers against the drab brown carpet, cursing in the light breeze that lingered the large building. Due to her lack of attention for the ones who led her to her destination, she almost walked into a marble pillar, one of many which held the pearlescent structure in place. The smell of coffee tantalised her, eyeballing the mages who sat at the largest desk in the room. Her mouth began to develop an insane amount of saliva. She'd do anything to ditch her so called punishment for just a large cup of latte.

Students occupied dark oak desks that were tucked away in the creases of the building, releasing small pops of magical energy in the air. Walking down a long corridor of bookshelves, she then took notice of a senior student and the large feline that was sauntering right next to them. It was a lion, one with a stark white coat and a beautiful icy mane. 'He's an ice sage,' she told herself, remembering that all familiars take the magical aspects of their owners.

Suddenly, they came to a halt.

She tilted her head, looking at the shimmering chandelier that pooled a golden heavenly light onto this small section of the library they resided in. She examined the large blue tinted windows that were decorated with glass stained artwork, depictions of the time's when all that ruled Amberguarde were beasts and creatures. Her hand slid along the spines of six books, watching from the corner of her eyes the spiralling golden bookcases that felt as if it covered the entire walls with nothing but books.