She swerved and turned the bike, and accelerated out of the house, as fast as she could, her sister cheering her. They were on their way, away from Roop and her goons. 

**********************************************

Rudra and Jahnvi had been working diligently at the files, ever since Gauri called the former in the morning. 

They both privately felt blessed that Gauri was smart enough to figure out stuff for them, and help even after all the drama that happened yesterday night, and while she was not with them. 

Jahnvi located the box of files Harsh had left for the Oberois twenty-five years ago, in the store. Since then, mother-son duo had been at work, on it. 

"Mom, who is this Taneja?" asked Rudra.

"Hmm, what?" asked Jahnvi, not immediately telling Rudra what came to her mind. 

"Mom, this person was an employee in our business, but he didn't really add to the productivity of the business. However, why I am asking is because whenever there is some accounting anomaly, his name turns up. I think....I think he was the person Annika and Gauri's bhaabhi's father was trying to expose" said Rudra, handing over the files and the date he circled in them to his mother.

Jahnvi studied those files for a while, and Rudra observed her eyes rounding slowly.

"Rudra, we've got to tell Shivaay and the others. Hold this pile and come with me" said Jahnvi, getting up.

Shivaay and Om, meanwhile were sitting with Khanna, trying to spot the culprit of last night. The sooner they catch the wrongdoer and clear their family's name, the sooner their girls would come to the mansion, thought Shivaay. 

"There!" said Om. "See Shivaay, this is the second time, this person has hovered near the stage."

"I see it. Khanna, lock in on his face, and match it with the list of hired staff for the party. We had everybody's ID card copies right?" ordered Shivaay.

"Yes, sir, we did. I'll just get the list and get a clearer image of this person's face" said Khanna, and almost ran to his work. 

He came a while later, and reported to them what happened. "Sir, this man was not supposed to work here that night. He paid a heavy amount to his friend, so that he could take his place. His friend just coughed up the entire truth on phone, when we threatened him with prison. Our men have gone to pick this offender and would be back just in some time."

"Time is what we don't have, Khanna" said Shivaay, dispiritedly. 

"But we certainly do have a name" said Jahnvi, walking up to her elder sons, followed by Rudra. "Rudy and I have found out who cheated the Oberoi business twenty-five years ago. I have to tell you boys something, some history."

"History?" asked Rudra. 

"This Mr. Taneja who was discreetly robbing us, was your Roop bua's husband" sighed Jahnvi. 

A stunned silence followed this announcement. 

"Let me explain" said Jahnvi, and filled in the boys on the sibling jealousies between Roop and her brothers, and her consequent attempts to steal from her natal family, and how they threw her out of their lives. 

"She disappeared with her husband, after the Mills accident, and returned last year, to try and ingratiate herself among us again" said Jahnvi, thoughtfully.

"And try and separate us, by framing my mother for stealing jewels" said Om, angrily, remembering how that lady had used the sympathy card with him last year, to find her way back to the mansion, and then framed his mother for stealing.

Shivaay placed his hand on Om's shoulder, to calm him. He knew how that betrayal, or any betrayal, of Om's trust, unsettled his brother. 

"Yes, we remember all that. But if Roop bua's husband did all this twenty-five years ago, did they also set the mill on fire?" asked Rudra. 

Before they could ponder on this, Khanna's group brought the offender from last night, to his knees before them.

"Good. Now things are speeding up" said Shivaay. 

It didn't take long for the boy to confess. He was just the executor, his job was to plant the usb drive, and start the presentation. He was sent on this task by a contractor who gave these odd jobs to youth like him. He was also supposed to report any information on the two sisters. 

"Annika and Gauri?" asked Shivaay, worried.

"Yes, the boss told me, that his boss was interested in these girls, had some old connection with them" said the boy.

"What information did you give them?" Shivaay threatened the boy, almost reaching for his collar, but Om held him back.

"They...I overheard them talking to some lady, who was telling them about their father. Their father worked with the lady's husband at the Oberoi company. Apparently, they were friends, and she guessed that their father had relatives in Thane. I think the girls agreed to visit Thane. I swear that's all I heard and told the boss, who reported back to his boss" the man pleaded. 

Before Shivaay could react, his phone buzzed. 

It was a message from their Annika and Gauri's Mamu. Shivaay's eyes read down to the end of the text, his face paling as he reached the end.

"What is it Shivaay?" asked Om, also worried now.

"Annika and Gauri met the family staying at their relative's place in Thane. I think those people directed them to some other house, but their car got punctured, so they went to that place on foot, and ever since then there has been no contact from either of them. Gauri sent their uncle a location, and he has forwarded that to me. He is trying to reach them, but either they are not picking up, or their phone disconnects" said Shivaay. "Om, I can sense it, they are in some danger."

"Then what are you waiting for? Call Annika bhaabhi. I'll try Gauri. Meanwhile, lets go to Thane" said Om.

"Yes. Khanna, you check if Gauri's GPS is still on, and work on finding out who this boy's boss is. We have to reach at the end of this mystery. And send to guards to follow me and Om, so in case there is some emergency, we have help" said Shivaay.

"Bhaiyaa, what you mean, you and O? I am also coming with you" said Rudra.

"Rudy, you've already helped a lot with the files. Stay here with Badi Maa, and figure out who is at the bottom of this, who made this plan, and who set fire to the Mills twenty five years back. Bade Papa and Papa, are busy handling the press and everything. Someone needs to be here to convey the news to them, and keep everyone in the loop. Please, Rudy" said Shivaay, putting his hand on Rudra's shoulder. 

Rudra sighed and agreed to stay back. 

"Gauri isn't picking up her phone" said Om. "Khanna, are you able to track her GPS?" 

"Sir, its shaky, they are on the move, in some vehicle I guess, and whatever region they are going through its difficult to get coverage there. But I'm trying" said Khanna. 

"Try harder, Khanna. They are in some vehicle.....I hope they are not abducted or something" said Shivaay, fear etched in his features.

"Shivaay! Please don't speak such ominous things" scolded Jahnvi. "They'll be fine. We'll find the main culprits behind this, you go and find Gauri and Annika."

"Lets go" said Shivaay, and he and Om left the mansion to go look for the Trivedi sisters.