He sighed and nodded his head. 

"Let this family figure out what they want, I daresay the media would be after them anyways. And I don't want them to hound my nieces. Till this clears up, Annika and Gauri are going to stay with me" said Dharesh.

"Mamu..." started Annika surprised that he would lay down such condition. 

"You can't do that, uncle. You are forgetting that Annika is my wife" said Shivaay.

"And you are forgetting that she is my niece, and our relation goes way before you met her" replied Dharesh. 

He turned to his nieces and said, "Annika, Gauri, would you not grant your Mamu this one wish? I am saying only for your safety, and peace of mind, and you both haven't lived with me ever. Its only a matter of a few days, we'll know soon......either ways."

Annika looked at her Mamu's pleading face, and then turned to look at Gauri, to see the same decision forming in her eyes. 

Annika turned to Shivaay, and said, "Its just a matter of a few days, my uncle is asking something and we have met him after so many years. Please Shivaay."

Shivaay turned and marched back to his room. 

"Uncle wait here. I and Gauri will be back in sometime, with our stuff. I'll talk to Shivaay" said Annika, and rushed to calm down her husband. 

***************************************************

Gauri was in her room, packing some stuff in her bag. 

All this felt like a bad dream, which she wanted to end. 

Someone knocked on her door. It was Jahnvi.

"Can I come in?" she asked. 

"Arey, why are you asking Maaji? This is your home" said Gauri, walking towards Jahnvi.

"Gauri, I'm terribly sorry for all that has transpired" said Jahnvi. This was all she could come up with at this moment. 

"Maaji, its not your fault. You didn't know about this...until a few days back. Thats what you and Uncleji fought about that day at breakfast, right?" guessed Gauri.

"You are perceptive" said Jahnvi.

"No, just good with guesses" replied Gauri.

"Do you detest me, for keeping the truth from you?" said Jahnvi.

Gauri thought for a moment. 

"When I heard it from Tej Uncleji's mouth a while back, then yes, that time I did feel a tinge of disappointment. But I remembered how much I loved this family, and how much you did for me, and all this was before you knew whose daughter I am, before I knew that even. Our equation is beyond all this, Maaji" said Gauri holding Jahnvi's hands. 

"Thank you, Gauri" said Jahnvi, and hugged the younger woman, her eyes moist. 

"I don't want you or Annika to go, but I see it from your Mamu's perspective too" sighed Jahnvi.

"Its only a matter of a few days, Maaji. All this will be cleared up soon" said Gauri.

"Gauri, do you trust.....what Tej said, that he and Shakti were not culpable?" asked Jhnvi hesitantly.

"Do you trust him?" asked Gauri, coming to the point directly.

"I trust your judgment more" said Jahnvi.

"That is.....extreme faith, Maaji. I don't think they are culpable. But I don't know why. I would suggest speaking to Nanaji about this, because I trust his judgment" said Gauri, smiling. 

"Yes, I think its time we both visited our mother's side of the family" said Jahnvi. "Gauri, you must be worried. Whether Tej and Shakti are guilty or not, either ways, the mystery of your father's disappearance just got more complicated, and it seems you are on the precipice of finding the truth."

"No, Maaji, surprisingly, I am not. Annika Jiji and I already have a feeling that our father is no more, how much worse can it be than that. And that isn't even a scary or daunting thought for us, because we anyways lived out most of our lives without the shadow of a father figure" said Gauri. 

Gauri looked close to tears.

"Come here my child" said Jahnvi, and held Gauri's forehead to her chest. 

Gauri cried her heart out, not for worry, but for how much she had lost in her life, how much her sister had lost in her life. 

In all these weeks, months, since Gauri had found out about Annika Jiji, she didn't break down about how unfair life was to her and her sister. She had faith in her Shankarji, he would have thought best for her. 

But today, she wanted to shed some tears for the life she could never have. Her mother was back in Moradabad, but Shankarji would never let her be without support, so he made sure Jahnvi Maaji was here. 

After a while, Gauri wiped her face clean. "Maaji, I am only worried about one thing, one person. Omkaraji. I don't know how these events will impact him" said Gauri. 

"I worry about him too. He is already disappointed in his father, but today he'll be disappointed in his mother too. I'll talk to him about this tomorrow. Chalo, I suppose your Mamu must be cursing this family for making him wait alone downstairs for so long" Jahnvi attempted a joke, to which Gauri smiled slightly. 

They both made their way downstairs. 

Omkara came out from behind his hiding place in the corridor. 

He had come to apologize to Gauri for his father, but his mother beat him to it. 

How does it feel like to be so selfless, thought Omkara. Gauri didn't have ill-will for his family, and actually shared her sorrow with his mother, whose husband might be responsible for her miserable life. 

Her tears attacked his heart, he wish he could comfort her. Still, he was glad that his mother was there. In any case, after their altercation yesterday, Gauri might not want to share her pain with him. 

They didn't speak after last night, after she threw him out of her room, and now she was leaving.