The beast is destroyed (6)

Start from the beginning

My mouth opened up a bit. How could that.... ohh.

It could be.

Those past weeks I haven't seen him really eat or drink anything. He was only focused on me and my health... never bothering to check his own.

He was always on guard, afraid I will leave him. Whenever I woke up he was already awake for most of the time.

Didn't he have any sleep at all?

"It might also be from the loss of blood mr. William had", the doctor spoke further after the lack of respond from me.

"That would make sense", I breathe out, shaking my head.

"Or...", he looked reluctant to tell me.

I stared right into his blue eyes which were looking dim this time.

"Or?", I asked, scrunching my brows up.

"Or 'his beast' has been destroyed", he stated in a serious tone.

"What?", I instantly blurted in confusion. "Is that even possible?"

"I and many doctors have been trying to cure him since he was little but alas.... but then you came out of nowhere. He finally showed emotion like happiness and love... even hurt like on your euh wedding day."

I was listening carefully. What have I to do with his emotions? How could I have been the one who made him feel?

"My theory is that you hurt him so badly, causing mental scars and emotional distress. He went into a craze and eventually... a human can only endure so much before going numb. His beast snapped. He finally got out of this."

I didn't know what to say, what to feel. I only felt a burning, stinging pain in my chest.

"Looking on the other side. You have cured him. His beast is dead."

I killed it.

Just tell me the truth. I have fucking killed it. I'm a murderer.

My head fell in my hands. I wanted to hysterically scream and cry, but I only could rub my temple.

I felt the doctor's hand on my back, trying to calm me down... but my raging heart beat could not be calmed.

I could not be calmed.

"Mrs. William, I think the best thing to do is wait"

I nodded, not sure what to respo-, a thought suddenly went through my head.

"Could I please see him?", my voice was cracking. I couldn't hide the way I was feeling.

"I will write a permission paper that you could visit and stay in your husband's room at any moment", he said, tucking his hand back into his white doctor coat.

I nodded in serene, standing back on my feet which felt like jello. Blood was rushing down my body.

      Mason, I am here.