Annika knew her sister well, she knew what Gauri expected from life. And Gauri's comment about Omkara wasn't wrong either. Annika knew Omkara saw life very differently from her sister. She didn't know what should she say in this situation. 

"It seems like we both are saddled with two rupees fate" sighed Annika, sounding exhausted with her life. 

"Don't say like that, Jiji. You have found your love, and you are in a happy marriage. Everything will be fine. Bade bhaiyaa is not going to ditch you, even if the worst is true" urged Gauri. 

Annika wanted to believe in the best, because the alternative was too hard to contemplate.

**************************************

"Show me" said Rudra. 

He was skyping with Soumya, it was late evening in Mumbai but morning in the US. 

"How do you like it?" asked Soumya.

"Its so....well, clean" said Rudra.

"Clean?" asked Soumya.

"Well, you know my room is always messy, but your room looks so clean and organized, just like it did here" said Rudra. 

"Seriously, Rudra" said Soumya, rolling her eyes. "Anyways, all my formalities are done, and the subjects and all are sorted. I'm meeting my supervisor today in the afternoon. Wish me luck."

"Is it a he or she?" asked Rudra.

"Its a she. Why?" asked Soumya.

"Nothing, just curious. All the best, Sumo. I hope she is helpful and good, and not that taxing" said Rudra. 

"It doesn't matter whether she is taxing or not, it all will boil down to my dissertation at the end of the course, but that is years from now. Anyways, did you go to Jahnvi's aunty's office today?" asked Soumya.

"No, I went to her manufacturing unit today. It is pretty small, but adequate I guess, for a venture like hers. Its really busy though, and Mom is planning to diversify from home to fashion in general, but slowly. I'll visit her office tomorrow. I'm excited, Sumo. But also sad" said Rudra.

"Why sad?" asked Soumya.

"We both are entering into such important phases of our lives, starting out in our professions, but we are so far away from each other" groaned Rudra.

"Its only a matter of five years, and anyways, we are talking now. Even if we were together at the mansion, we would have had separate fields of work, which would've meant that essentially we meet only in the evening. According to a research, couples who interact less with each other have greater chances of long-term relationship" said Soumya, quoting some more facts about this research. 

"How does it work, though?" asked Rudra, actually paying attention to her babble about statistics for once.

"Because they get lesser opportunities to fight, duffer" giggled Soumya. 

Rudra laughed too. 

He knew it, he could feel it, he and Sumo were going to make this long-distance thing work.

***************************

"Bade bhaiyaa, can I talk to you for a minute?" asked Gauri, timidly, as she saw Shivaay crossing the hall, when she came back from tuition.

"Sure, Gauri, come lets sit here" said Shivaay warmly, indicating the sitting area right off the staircase. 

"Bade bhaiyaa are you angry with me?" asked Gauri.

"Angry? With you? Why?" asked Shivaay genuinely surprised. 

"Well, because we kept the secret about our uncle from you, till two days back. I'm genuinely sorry for that Bade bhaiyaa" said Gauri.

Shivaay turned serious. 

"I am not angry with you, Gauri, I can never be angry with you. You returned my Annika to life, you care so much for me, and my family, and most importantly, you are my sister, and I can never be angry with my sister" said Shivaay. 

"Then why are you angry with Annika Jiji?" said Gauri. 

Shivaay sighed. "Its complicated" he murmured. 

"I'll try and keep up" said Gauri, smiling slightly. 

"I am not angry with her for keeping this truth to herself and you. I am slightly perturbed by how she defended your uncle's remark on that accident. I didn't expect that. But even more so, given Annika and my history, last time, you know what happened when she kept that truth about my mother blackmailing her, to herself. I'm so scared, Gauri.....scared that she will hide something grave from me again, and what will that mean for us. We'd promised that we'll never hide anything from each and other, but then again, although this time, I understand where she's coming from. I'm just scared that she is hiding something more. And don't like being in fear of anything, Gauri. I want Annika to tell me, to show faith in me, that's what is making slightly annoyed with her, I suppose" explained Shivaay.

It all boils down to having faith, visvaas, in each other, thought Gauri. 

"Bade bhaiyaa, maybe she is scared too. Scared of how you will react, scared if you will throw her out of your life again, like last time" said Gauri hesitating a little.

"You are right. That was a mistake, a big mistake" said Shivaay, more to himself, than Gauri. 

"Bade bhaiyaa, Jiji is scared of how life snatches away things from her. Her parents, me, she is scared for Saahil too, and now she is scared of losing you. If she is hiding something, its not because she has no faith in you, its because she has no faith in her fate" said Gauri.

"Of course, I know that. I should've thought of this before our argument. Thanks for reminding me this Gauri" said Shivaay, holding Gauri's hand. "You truly are a blessing for me, and my family....and my brother."

Gauri looked up at Shivaay, surprised.

"I know Om is a private person, and you are not forthcoming either, about your equation, and neither do I want to pry. Whatever you both have with each other, its not invisible to the rest of us. Just.....just give my brother a chance okay? He is also scared, of relationships, and of trusting, because he has been betrayed too often. Just don't give up on him" said Shivaay, the worry for his sensitive brother apparent. 

That was Gauri's problem, she wasn't able to give up on him, and now, Bade bhaiyaa made it tougher for her to do so. 

Gauri nodded. 

"I know how to make up to Annika, but I need your help" said Shivaay. 

"Sure, Bade bhaiyaa" said Gauri.