Chapter 2: Escape

I am now thirteen and a half and am still praetor at Camp Jupiter. Last night I had a dream that the Greek camp, Camp Half-Blood I believe it was called, was under attack by an army of monsters. I called a meeting to discuss it. I had just explained my dream and said that we should to warn them when all Hades broke loose.

Reyna calmed everybody down and said "Allie, you can't go."

"I never offered." I countered.

Reyna sighed and said "They took three of our previous praetors and another camper. Do you really think we should help the enemy?"

"Enemy?" I stated in bewilderment. I rose from my seat. When would she understand? I continued with "They are just like us. They are our family! They are my family! We have to protect them! If it was the other way around I am sure we would have been told. I have never met any of these Greek's, but I am Greek, and I'm not so bad am I?"

"But you were trained as a Roman." Octavion stated. I rolled my eyes and ordered "Out. Now." Sparks started to fly off of me, showing Octavian that I was aggravated. He held his hands up in surrender and walked out of the room. I believe that the only way to keep Octavian in line is to make him afraid of you. I made him so afraid of me that whatever I say around him goes, and not just because I am praetor.

I really hate him, but I can't kill him. I will never kill another human unless it is absolutely necessary.

"We should warn them." I stated, sitting down and fidgeting with the cape of my praetors robe.

"No, meeting adjourned." Reyna stated. I started to argue, but Reyna shot me a look that said 'I'll explain.'

I obeyed and followed her back to her corridors.

"Listen, we can't protect them. Before the seven defeated Gaea, the camps made a pact that stated that we would never fight again." Reyna said.

"So?" I asked. We wouldn't fight them, we would fight with them. Where was she headed with this?

"Going there would cause a fight. I left that camp with some unfinished business that I don't plan on revisiting again. I would cause a fight and so would the others. Our camps tolerate each other, but we aren't best-buds. Do you understand?" Reyna said.

"Reyna," I started.

"No, you are forbidden to visit that camp." Reyna stated.

I took a deep breath and said "I have to go. Why would I have a dream about it if I weren't to do anything about it? Remember my dream after the monster attack at camp? Where I battled with the seven? What if that's finally coming true?"

Reyna sighed and said "I don't care."

I stormed out of her room and entered my own. I plopped down on my bed and thought about the situation.

They are my family, I should help them! I am Greek after all. I don't want to cause a fight though, maybe I could sneak out.

But I'm praetor! What am I thinking?!

But I have to protect them... Wait, I don't even know them!

I argued with myself for ten minutes. I finally sat up and strode over to my minuscule mirror.

I took my messy black hair down from it's ponytail and braided it. My eyes were electric blue today. My eye color changed from electric blue to sky blue to transparent green to sea-green.

I looked at my reflection. Why had I gone through so much? What did I do to deserve this? Oh yeah, my mom tricked the gods, and now I am suffering the consequences.