"Chutki, why did you change the topic from the insurance claim? We could've learnt something" said Annika, once they were outside the main hall.

"Sorry Jiji, I just felt that was not the right time. And in any case, we did learn something. Tej uncleji and Shakti uncle ji know our Mamu, and thus, our father. They have been pretending to be ignorant till now. Shakti uncleji looked visibly worried, and I know Tej uncleji well enough by now, to know that he was pretending" said Gauri. 

"I felt the same, they did recognize me" said Dharesh, agreeing with Gauri.

Annika groaned. 

"Jiji, don't worry, just because they acted shady doesn't mean they lighted fire to their mills. We'll take things as they come. For now, lets just pray that our uncle is safe, after this gamble" said Gauri. 

"I have requested Khanna Ji to provide him extra security in Delhi, and keep it a secret from Shivaay. I hope it works out. Just....just be careful, Mamu. We both have lost our parents, we can't afford to lose you, after finding you so late" said Annika. Gauri nodded. 

Dharesh said, "Don't worry, girls. I feel God is finally on our side, and our trials are at an end."

************************************************

Rudra was on skype call with Soumya.

"Soumya, are you fine? How was the flight? Did you land on time? What..." asked Rudra but Soumya cut him off.

"I'm fine Rudra. I'm in the visa queue right now. New York airport is crowded, the visa check for students from Third-World countries takes time. Seriously, India sent a Mars Orbiter Mission in space, and still our students are less valued than those coming from Europe. Racial profiling sucks!" complained Soumya.

"Yeah, well, they aren't this strict when its just tourists I think, but I agree New York airport is crowded, and not all that. I love Paris airport, its smooth and pretty. So, how was the flight?" asked Rudra.

"It was good. I read, watched a movie and slept. Nearly sixteen hours of flying is terrible, though. I feel so tired. I think the jet lag might be kicking in" sighed Soumya.

They chatted for a while about the flight, until Soumya's turn came up. 

Soumya hung up, and got her formalities done. Once she was done completely, she found a car waiting for her to drive to Yale. Shivaay had arranged it all for her. 

Soumya got into the car, and saw another incoming call from Rudra. 

"Nice timing, I just got into the car" said Soumya, smiling. 

"Ha, ha, I'm going to become a pro at this. By the way you won't believe what happened, this evening Annika and Gauri bhaabhi's maternal uncle came to visit us. We didn't even know they had found a surviving relative, but apparently he met them the same time around our Roka. Can you believe it, they kept all that so quiet?" asked Rudra, sounding amazed. 

Soumya could believe it. 

She remembered Annika didi enquiring about the mill disaster, and how she helped her with the insurance company claim. Annika Didi didn't immediately reveal about their uncle. Did they have something to hide? Was it related to the mill disaster? 

But Soumya decided that she didn't want to be involved in this, and definitely not from overseas, so she changed the topic. 

"Thats nice Rudra, to know that they have discovered their biological family too, like me. Did they come to know more about their parents?" asked Soumya.

"Their mother died giving birth to Gauri bhaabhi, and they still don't know anything about their father's whereabouts, or how he separated from them" said Rudra, sighing sadly. 

"Thats terrible, Rudra. But they are together now, thats some consolation. Anyways, now that your internship is over, are you joining Oberoi industries?" asked Soumya.

"Actually, I think I'm going to join my mother" mused Rudra.

"Jahnvi aunty?" asked Soumya.

"Yes. You know well Soumya, my mother gave up her position in the Oberoi business to take care of me and my siblings. She would've been as established and famous as my father, by now, if she had continued. Its good that now she is back to doing what she does best. But I think its time I showed her some proper gratitude for what she lost because of me" said Rudra.

Soumya was touched at Rudra's thinking. "That's a great idea, Rudy, I'm so proud of you" she said. "When are you joining?"

"Well, I'm going to check out tomorrow, it will be some time before I officially join in" said Rudra, cheerfully. 

"Okay, Rudra, I'm feeling a little sleepy, let me catch a nap in the car, I'll phone you once I settle down in college" said Soumya, yawning.

"Sure" smiled Rudra, and hung up.

**********************************************

Jahnvi was absorbed in her work; the start of the week was always busy, when someone knocked on her office room door. 

"Tej?" asked Jahnvi surprised, as her husband entered her office. "Didn't you have some important deal with your German clients today?" 

"I did, and I took care of that. Is Gauri here, in the office?" asked Tej quickly.

"No, she finished her work in the morning, and is doing her tuitions right now. Why?" asked Jahnvi, shutting her file.

"Good, because I've got something to discuss and I can't risk her hearing it" said Tej, making sure the door was shut tightly.

"Let me guess, this has got something to do with her and Annika's uncle, who visited yesterday?" asked Jahnvi shrewdly. 

"Well, yes" said Tej.

"Tej, what are you not telling me?" asked Jahnvi.

"Jahnvi, remember when you nearly blackmailed me to support Annika in her endeavor to show that Omkara is illegitimate, instead of Shivaay?" said Tej.

"You mean, when Pinky tricked us all, and blackmailed poor Annika to either give up Shivaay, or see his mother betraying him?" said Jahnvi testily "Turns out Shivaay wasn't illegitimate either. But Tej, Pinky has apologized for that, and everyone has moved on from it, why bring it up now?" 

"I'm not bringing up Pinky's devious acts, I'm reminding you what you blackmailed me with" said Tej.

"That I know, you and Shakti were there at the mills before the fire broke out?" said Jahnvi. "But you fully know that I said that only to threaten you to join our plan, I wasn't really going to go to the press with that information. I know my duties as the daughter-in-law of this family."

"But someone else might" said Tej.

"Someone? Who? Wait....do you think Dharesh knows about it? Do you think.....?" said Jahnvi, the truth growing bigger in her eyes.

"Harsh knew about it. And I'm sure his brother-in-law does as well. Thats why he looked at us so curiously yesterday evening" said Tej, holding his head in his hands.

"Tej, you and Shakti, knew Annika and Gauri's father, and yet kept quiet all these time? Why? Is it because....." asked Jahnvi, fearing the worst.

Tej nodded his head slowly, looking ashamed. 

Jahnvi groaned.