The Fall Out

Taehyung was a few steps away from Hoseok's room when someone called to him.

"Taehyung!"

"Jimin? What are you doing here? You better not be messing with Hoseok."

"Tae, chill. I work here, hence the uniform."

"Oh." Taehyung backed off a little. "Still, you better not have upset him."

"I haven't. Actually, he's been doing really well. The doctors are pleased."

Taehyung's heart raced. "They are? So can he come home?"

"Not yet, they have to have a meeting to decide on it first. Hoseok has started talking now, so this might be a good visit for you."

Taehyung was confused. Is this Jimin the same one that had hurt Hoseok?
Taehyung shook himself. Jimin had said that Hoseok is speaking again and that excited Taehyung. It was one of the best things he had heard in months. He charged into Hoseok's room.

Hoseok was sat on his bed reading. He glanced at Taehyung and smiled. It was not a big smile, just a small one. But it was better than the blank stares Taehyung had received on his previous visits.

"Hi, Tae."

"Hobi!" Suddenly Taehyung let his emotions out; he cried from happiness and sadness. He had missed Hoseok so much. Now Hoseok was looking a hell of a lot better than he had. And he was speaking again. "I haven't heard...You..s-speak in months Hobi!" Taehyung sobbed.

Hoseok stared in surprise. He rushed to Taehyung putting his arms around him.
"Don't cry Tae."

"I'm sorry." Taehyung sniffled. "I'm so sorry I put you in here Hoseok. I thought you hated me for it!"

Hoseok took a piece of tissue from a box beside his bed. He wiped away Taehyung's tears.

"I did hate you. Well, I was angry at first. But I got myself into this situation. You just did what you thought was best."

"I was worried that you were using again or that you would return to it."

"I think I was heading that way, to be honest."

Taehyung nodded. "I saw Jimin. He said he works here and that you've been doing really well."

"Yes, I have. And I feel a lot better."

"Didn't Jimin hurt you though?"

"No. Turns out that was Jungkook's doing."

"Jungkook? Your boyfriend?"

"Not anymore. Well, he doesn't know that yet since I haven't seen him."

"So you and Jimin are okay now?"

"Yes. He's helped me a lot."

Taehyung felt a pang of jealousy. Why did Hoseok let Jimin help him? Why not Taehyung? Are they not best friends anymore?

"Hoseok, why wouldn't you speak to me until now?"

Hoseok sighed. "Because of...my journal. What I wrote...about you."

"Ah, about that," Taehyung took a seat beside Hoseok's bed, while Hoseok sat on his bed. "It's okay, Hoseok. I had thought many times that you might have had feelings for me. Especially whenever I had a girlfriend. You never seemed too pleased with them."

Hoseok played with the sleeves of his sweater. "Yeah but, I don't feel like that now. You're straight and...I've accepted that. I need to move on."

"How do you mean move on?"

"Obsess over someone else I guess."

Taehyung smiled. "That's good. I don't want you to feel awkward around me, because I don't feel weird about it. I uh...also have something to tell you."

"Okay." Hoseok readied himself. He felt that this was not going to be good.

"I...I asked honey to marry me."

"Excuse me!" Hoseok jumped to his feet. "are you serious?"

"Yes, I know you don't like her Hoseok. But like you said you need to accept it."

"You're actually gonna marry that bitch?!"

Taehyung got to his feet. He held Hoseok's shoulders. Hoseok pushed him away. "Hoseok please don't do this!"

"When I'm out of here, I won't be coming back to you Tae. I'm going to move in with Jimin. When I finally get out of this shithole that you put me In."

"Hoseok, what is your problem with her?"

Hoseok crossed his arms. He stared at Taehyung blankly.

"So now you're going to stop talking to me again? Hoseok you're acting like a child. Talk To Me!" Taehyung swiped away at his tears. "Hoseok, please!" Taehyung begged. He tried to hold Hoseok's arms, but Hoseok moved away from him.

"Hoseok, please!" Taehyung shouted desperately.

Jimin skidded into the room. He looked to Taehyung then to Hoseok. "What's going on?"

"Hoseok has decided not to speak to me again," Taehyung said bitterly. "At least I don't have to put up with a junkie slash prostitute anymore right?" Taehyung made himself cry more by saying that. He so was desperate for a reaction from Hoseok. But he knew he would not get it, no matter what he said.

Jimin gaped at Taehyung open-mouthed before shaking his head. "Tae you should leave."

No one moved. Hoseok and Taehyung glared at each other.

Jimin grabbed Taehyung's arm and dragged him from the room.

"Get off!" Taehyung shrugged out of Jimin's hold.

"Tae you have to leave. You can't upset the patient's like this."

Taehyung laughed bitterly. "Don't worry Jimin. He's all yours now. Maybe you could make some good money out of him. Just put him on the streets you'll be rich in no time."

Jimin clenched his fists. He wanted to punch Taehyung so severely. But he took a deep breath. "Just leave before I call security."

Taehyung stared at Jimin. "Good luck with him." And he charged out of the building wiping away his tears.