Orphan

"Okay, boys." An officer smiled at them across a table, In a small interrogation room. "Thanks to both of you, we are closer to catching the suspects."

"So the DNA will help?" Hoseok asked.

"It could. If the suspects DNA is already in our system, then yes."

Hoseok slumped his shoulders. "And if it's not?"

"Then it will only be helpful if that person gets arrested in the future. But with your descriptions of the suspects, we still have a good chance of catching them. And then we will get their DNA."

Hoseok nodded. "My sister said there were three of them when she got attacked. But only two attacked me."

"Don't worry." The officer told him. "If we find the two that attacked you, then one of them could give us information on the third."

Hoseok sighed. Now he was worried that the DNA would not already be in their records.

Jimin nudged Hoseok. "We should go to Hoseok. We've done all we can for now."

"Okay." Hoseok smiled at the officer. "Thank you so much. I hope you find them."

The officer nodded. "And thank you both for your help. We will be in touch."

_________________________

Hoseok reluctantly knocked on the door of his parent's house. He was worried about Kelly. He had not seen her since the day she ran from his apartment. And she had not texted or called him back.

The door opened. Hoseok's brother towered over him.

Hoseok stiffened. "When did you get back? Did the army kick you out?"

His brother Sean scowled. "Why is that any of your business?"

Hoseok sighed. "It's not. I don't really care anyway. Is Kelly here? I need to see her."

Sean grabbed Hoseok's shirt and dragged him inside. He slammed him against a wall, grinning at the fear in his brother's eyes.

"I was gonna smack you." Sean laughed. "But I see someone has already had that pleasure." He prodded Hoseok's bruised face. He was smirking as he winced at the pain.

"Leave me alone, Sean!"

Sean sneered at his helpless brother.

"Sean, stop it!" Their mother snapped.

Sean punched Hoseok's stomach. He watched as Hoseok fell to the floor, clutching his stomach. Sean ran away to his room, laughing.

"Hoseok." His mother held his face gently in her hands. "What happened?"

Hoseok shrugged her away as he got to his feet. "Mum, don't! It's nothing."

"It doesn't look like nothing. Hoseok have you been fighting?"

"No. Well, I didn't get any hits in. Is Kelly here?"

"Oh...No. She doesn't live with us anymore."

"What? Well, where the hell is she then?"

"She's safe with family." His father growled as he walked towards them, he stopped in front of Hoseok. "Away from you."

"Why?" Hoseok felt the sting of tears.

"She doesn't want to be near you. She said you have bad people around you."

"My friends aren't bad! What the fuck does that mean?"

Hoseok's father slapped him across the face hard. Hoseok winced at the burning pain. He saw his mother flinch. But she said nothing, did nothing, just like always. She would just stand by watching whenever her husband or her older son would beat Hoseok.

"You do not speak to us like that!" His father hissed.

"S-sorry." Hoseok stuttered.

"Now you have no business here. So go!"

Hoseok looked at his mother. She stared at the floor. "Thanks for your 'support' mum!" He spat and ran from the house before his father could strike him again. Now there really was no family left. Now Hoseok really was an orphan. An unwanted orphan.