Boss

Back at home, Hoseok lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He could hear Taehyung and Honey giggling as they moved her stuff in. Hoseok knew he was rude by not helping, but he had had enough of Honey for one day.

Who the hell does she think she is, talking to him like that?  And how did she know that he fancies Taehyung?

There came a knock at the door.

"Go away!" Hoseok moaned.

The door opened. Jimin stepped inside.
"Oh, charming!" He grinned.

Hoseok sat up. "Jimin? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see you. Why else would I come?"

"Sorry." Hoseok smiled. He attempted to get off the bed.

"No." Jimin pushed him back down. "Stay there. You look good in bed."

Hoseok giggled and lay back down. Jimin laid down next to him.

"Hi," Hoseok said.

"Hey," Jimin replied. "You seem sad. Mind if I cheer you up?"

"Please do."

__________________________

Hoseok arrived at work ten minutes late, as usual. He sneaked into the staff room, hoping he could get in unseen. The boss was not here, yet it seemed. Hoseok hung his jacket up beside the door. Suddenly hands grabbed him and spun him around.

"I'm sorry, I'm late!" Hoseok whimpered.

Yoongi laughed. "You totally thought I was the boss. I got you!"

"Yeah, you got me," Hoseok grumbled. "Where is she?"

Yoongi shrugged. "Dunno. I saw her earlier. She was looking for you. Man, she looked liked someone had pissed on her chips. I told her you were in the bathroom."

"Fuck. Thanks, Yoongi."

Yoongi straightened Hoseok's tie. "Why do you always dress so smart? We work in a gym Hobi, not an undertaker."

"Fuck off!" Hoseok pouted. "I like to look professional."

Yoongi sniggered. " You mean you want to impress the boss? It won't stop her being pissed at you."

"Shut up. It can't hurt to try, right?"

"Meh, suppose. And here's your chance to find out, cos here she comes. Bye!"

Hoseok scrunched his eyes. He did not dare to turn around. He knew the boss was right behind him and was probably burning holes into his back.

"Hoseok!" She snapped.

He jumped, made the sign of the cross and slowly turned.

"Hey, boss!" He faked a smile. "What's up?"

She crossed her arms. "I'll tell you what's up. Why don't you come to my office?"

"Well I need to get to work, can't I just see you later?"

"Now, Hoseok!" She snapped and stomped to her office.

Hoseok whimpered and followed her with his head down.

"This is not gonna be fun." He mumbled.

__________________________

Hoseok sat down opposite his boss at her desk. Mrs Lee folded her arms.

"Hoseok, would you like to explain to me why you have been late to work for five days in a row now?"

"Five days? You sure?"

"Don't mess with me Hoseok. Your father is a good friend of mine, and you know that was the only reason I gave you the job."

"And I thank you for that, Mrs Lee."

"But." She leaned in close, glaring into Hoseok's eyes. "I can take it away very easily. Your father warned me that you are not very reliable. Despite that, I gave you a chance. I'm sure he would fully understand if I were to fire you."

Hoseok gulped. "No, please. I can do better. I will!"

"Why do you think you deserve another chance? Do you think you're better than everyone else? Just because your father is a very important businessman?"

"No, no, I don't. But I have nothing else. Because...of my record. No one else would give me a job."

"Yes." Mrs Lee agreed. "At first, I was cautious about hiring an ex-junkie. But I promised your father I would give you a chance."

"I've been clean for a year now."

"I know." Mrs Lee softened. "You've done well. But you're lateness is getting out of hand."

"I won't be late again. I promise you."

Mrs Lee sighed. "Fine. Alright, Hoseok. But this is your last chance. And I mean it. Don't fuck it up!"

"I won't."

"Now get to work."