Honey

Hoseok spent most of his free time writing in his journal. There he could spill all of his secrets, hopes and fears, for his eyes only.

Taehyung. Tae. He is so handsome. So hot. I can't stop thinking about him. And all the things I want to do to him. All of the things I can never do to him.

Hoseok sighed. And closed his journal.
Why do I always want the straight guys? He wondered. His phone rang, startling him. It was Taehyung, his best friend.

"Tae what's up?"

"You coming out for drinks tonight? You're off work, right?"

Hoseok smiled. "its so cute that you know my work schedule."

'Shut up." Taehyung laughed. "So you coming?"

"Yeah, alright. Will Joon, Jin and Yoongi be there too?"

"Yeah. And there's someone I want you all to meet."

"Oh sounds ominous."

"Be there, Hobi." He hung up.

Hoseok quickly checked his reflection in his mirror. His red hair was a mess, but he had started liking the 'just got out of bed look' and did it really matter how he looked? Taehyung was not going to look his way any time soon. He still wore his work suit. The white shirt, black messily tied up a tie and black pants. He could not be bothered to change. So he smiled satisfied, slung his jacket on and left the house.

________________________

Saturday night at their local pub was always a fun, lively time. Time to chat and relieve the stresses from work with a few beers, and for all but Hoseok, to check out the ladies. For Hoseok, it was a chance to get drunk and forget about feeling so alone.

"Hey, Tae!" Jin shouted across the table, through the drunken chatter around them. "When are we gonna meet this new friend of yours?"

Taehyung smiled and shouted back. "Soon mate."

"Can you at least give us some info on them?" Namjoon asked.

Yoongi yelled. "You've got a new girlfriend, haven't you?"

Taehyung tutted. "Aw Yoongi! You've ruined the surprise."

The boys laughed, but Hoseok scowled.

"Hi, babe!" Called a new voice.

Taehyung jumped up and placed a kiss on the woman's lips. He pulled out a chair for her. "Well, boys." He said as he brushed his brown hair from his eyes. "This is Honey. My girlfriend."

Namjoon, Jin and Yoongi said hello and gave her their names. Then everyone stared at Hoseok who had said nothing.
Taehyung kicked him under the table.

"Ow!" Hoseok rolled his eyes. "I'm Hobi."

Honey beamed at Hoseok. " Aw is that a nickname? It's so cute!"

Hoseok cringed.

"Okay." Taehyung broke the awkward silence. "Who needs a refill?" He grabbed Hoseok's arm, lifting him from his seat. "You're coming with me."

Hoseok allowed Taehyung to drag him up to the bar, sensing a scolding.

"What's wrong, Hobi?"

"Nothing."

"Okay, well that's a lie."

Hoseok shrugged. He knew he was acting like a moody brat. But he could not help feeling annoyed at Taehyung for not telling him about Honey sooner. And of course, he was not thrilled that Taehyung has a girlfriend. But to stop a fight from breaking out, he just put on a smile and said. "I had a crap day is all."

The group chatted, laughed and drank together throughout the night.
Namjoon, Jin and Yoongi seemed to really like honey, and they welcomed her into their group. Hoseok, however, was not so keen. He drank way more than usual and wholly ignored Honey's attempts to make conversation with him.