Talk To Me

Taehyung crept into Hoseok's bedroom in the middle of the night. Hoseok had been very distant the past few weeks and Taehyung had not even seen him once.

The room was pitch black, with only a slip of light entering from the open doorway. The bedsheets were crumpled up but Hoseok was not inside them. He was sat on the floor staring right at Taehyung.

Taehyung gulped, in this light, Hoseok looked quite scary just staring like that.
Thaeyung switched the light on and Hoseok groaned covering his eyes. Taehyung quickly switched it back off.

"Sorry." He whispered. He sat down in front of Hoseok even tho he was feeling uneasy. "What's happened Hoseok? How long have you kept yourself in here?"

"Oh," Hoseok mumbled. "I don't know. I forgot."

"Hoseok, I don't mean this bad bro, but you stink. When did you last wash?"

"Doesn't matter." He muttered in barely a whisper.

"It does matter Hobi. Let me help you okay?"

Taehyung had seen Hoseok in this state many times in the past. When they were still at school, Hoseok had gotten hooked on drugs. He would do unspeakable things with people for money. Anything they asked of him, he had obliged. Because no matter what he needed that money, those drugs, that high.

Taehyung was unsure if Hoseok was using again now though. First of all, he needed to get Hoseok cleaned up and fed. All the things he had done for Hoseok many times before.

Taehyung helped Hoseok to his feet and guided him into the bathroom, where he sat him down on the toilet seat, while he ran the bath.

"Why do you care Tae?" Hoseok asked.

"Because you're my best friend Hobi. I love you."

Hoseok giggled then he sighed. "I love you too."

Taehyung patted Hoseok's head. "I know buddy." He turned the taps off and checked the temperature then smiled at Hoseok. "Okay, mate. You know how this goes. Do you need me to help you undress?"

"No." Hoseok moaned. He pulled at his shirt trying his best to get it over his head but failing.

"It's okay Hobi. I'll do it for you." Taehyung fought back his tears. He never thought he would have to do this again. But he knew he had to. He quickly undressed Hoseok. "Okay Hobi. Let's get you washed."

He picked Hoseok up and gently eased him down into the bath. he washed Hoseok's hair and scrubbed his body clean. Then he scooped Hoseok up from the bath and wrapped him up in a towel.

"How's that? Better?"

Hoseok nodded.

"We need to get you fed because you're way too skinny. And probably thirsty right?"

Hoseok said nothing.

"Okay uh. Then do you want to dress first?"

Hoseok nodded blankly.

Taehyung went into Hoseok's room where he found a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. Once he had helped Hoseok dress, he walked him to the kitchen. Hoseok sat at the table, still just staring. As though he were asleep with his eyes wide open.

Taehyung made a sandwich and placed it in front of Hoseok along with a glass of water. Hoseok just stared at the food unmoved. As though sensing food close by his stomach complained and he gave in. He took a bite. Seconds later he had devoured the whole sandwich and drained the water.

"Hobi." Taehyung started. "Can you tell me what's happened now?"

"She's gone."

"Who's gone?"

"Kelly. She left to get away from me."

Taehyung put his hand on top of Hoseok's.he was thinking that maybe Hoseok is confused and doesn't know what he's saying. "Why would she want to be away from you? She loves you."

"No. She had to getaway. Because she said I have bad people around me."

Taehyung blinked. "I don't understand."

"I don't either. And my 'father' pretty much told me that I'm not welcome there anymore. And I lost my job. He told Mrs Lee to sack me. Now I have nothing."

Taehyung held Hoseok's hand tight as Hoseok cried.

"What did I do wrong Tae?"

"You haven't done anything wrong Hoseok. They are to blame for this. Your crazy parents. Well, you can forget them now. Because I am your family. I will look after you always."

Once hoseok had stopped crying and seemed calmer, Taehyung bit his lip. He had to ask him that dreaded question. He hated to ask it and he knew Hoseok hates to hear it. But he had to know.

"Hoseok I'm sorry to ask. But...are you using again?"

Hoseok sighed and closed his eyes. "Not yet. I shut myself in my room. Because I can't have it! I know I can't Tae! I even threw away my phone so that I can't contact anyone to get some for me. But I want it I do so bad! I really feel I need it Tae. But I can't do that again can I?"

"No Hoseok you can't. You made the right choice. But please, in future talk to me. I can't help if I don't know what's wrong. You have to tell me things."

"I can't talk to you anymore Tae."

"Why not?"

"I'm not allowed."