Chapter Thirty Nine

| JUNGKOOK |

It was finally the day of Taehyung's birthday and you could say that Jungkook was really nervous.

Why is he nervous? Well, his big surprise is today and he's worried about how Taehyung will react. He doesn't know what he would do if the younger didn't like it.

It wasn't happening till later but he couldn't help but worry about all the different outcomes that could come after tonight.

It was only round about lunchtime at the moment, everyone was setting everything up for his precious boys birthday.

Moonbin and Youngjae had offered to take Taehyung out for the day seeing as they had a lot to do before the party started.

Even though Taehyung knew about the party, they still didn't want him in the house until everything was set up.

Hours had finally passed and the party had begun, everyone was having the time of their lives.

Everyone was smiling and laughing with each other and the birthday boy, but Jungkook was far from smiles as he was pacing up and down the corridor outside of the living room.

He didn't stop until he felt small arms circle his waist, this caused him to look down to see Taehyung looking up at him with a warm smile.

"Hey angel, how are you enjoying your birthday party?" He asked with a smile, his worry slowly disappearing as he looked at the happy face of his boyfriend.

"It's really fun!" He grinned "I've never had a birthday party before and I'm already loving it! There are so many gifts from everyone, I can't wait to open them later!"

Just hearing this made the older male grin "I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, I'm happy that the party went the way it was planned."

The younger nodded his head with a smile "I am a little tired from all that dancing though," he replied with a small laugh "Everyone in there sure knows how to party though!"

Jungkook nodded his head "Just wait till Jin starts shouting, that's when the party will start getting funny."

Taehyung raised his eyebrow slightly with pouted lips "What do you mean?"

"When Jin hyung gets drunk, everyone makes it their goal to get him made because when he starts shouting even he doesn't know what he's talking about," he said with a small chuckle "It's hard to explain, but you'll see what I'm talking about."

The younger just nodded with a small laugh "Are you gonna come in? I wanna dance with you!"

Jungkook quickly shook his head "I don't dance angel."

"Tough shit!" He exclaimed with a grin as he began to drag the older into the living room where lots of people were dancing.

Jungkook continued to shake his head as he was dragged into the middle of the dance floor.

He watched as Taehyung laughed and tried to get him to move with him until he finally gave up, he started to move to the beat with Taehyung as he let himself loose for the night.

He did have to admit he did have a lot of fun dancing with the younger, a smile was on his face as he laughed along with others as they did weird dance moves.

Jokes were shared, weird dances were being dance and fairly drunk house members screaming into a microphone as they tried to sing the correct lyrics to the karaoke song that they had chosen to sing.

When he finally sat down to catch his breath, he watched as his boyfriend dragged his friends up to the microphone stand while they started horribly singing some random song they didn't even know.

The male watched with love and admiration in his eyes as he watched as his angel laughed and stumbled over words to try and catch up with the song along with his friends.

He knew he was making the right decision in making the boy his for life, he had no doubt that the younger would say no but he was still experiencing nervousness as the time grew closer for him to finally get down on his one knee and asked the question he's been waiting to ask for a long time now.

More dancing and horrible singing happened until BamBam finally walked over to him with a grin "Sup Kook, I got that gift you asked me to get!" He said, holding his hand out to pass him the small velvet box.

Jungkook stood up with his own smile, taking the box from the male "Thank you."

"No problem, I'd wish you good luck but we all know he's going to say yes," the male grinned, patting Jungkook on the shoulder.

"I'd still like it, just in case," he replied with a small chuckle.

"Well, good luck then. We'll get everyone into their places or Jin will kick off," he laughed before walking off.

The music soon came to a stop, everyone moving out of the way so it was only Taehyung standing in the middle.

The younger looked really confused which brought a small laugh out of his lips "Why'd the music stop?" The younger asked with a small pout.

"It's time for the birthday cake silly," Jin said with a grin "I'll just go and get it."

Jungkook watched as Jin walked towards the door before he turned off the lights.

Taking in a deep breath, he walked towards where he knew Taehyung was standing before he finally got down on one knee.

Never in his whole entire did he ever think he'd get down on one knee and propose to someone, through his life he'd thought he'd just stick to himself and keep to his work but look at him now.

He turned his head to the first person and nodded, from then the first lighter was lit until others followed afterwards.

The whole room was glowing from the light of the lighters.

Jungkook looked up at Taehyung to see him looking back at him, his hands covering his mouth with wide eyes.

With one last deep breath he spoke up "I'm not one for big speech's so I'm going to keep this short and simple but keep it filled with love," he spoke up with a nervous smile "In my whole twenty four years of being alive, I never thought I'd be in this situation where I'd be down on one knee ready to propose to the love of my life," he smiled.

"But here I am, down on my knee," he opened the small black velvet box to reveal a simple silver band with little crystal embedded in the silver before continuing "Ready to propose to the love of my life, we've been through a really tough year and this may be fast but fuck I love you so much Taehyung and I want you to be my husband. So will you do me the honour of accepting this ring and answer my question."

With a deep breath he finally said the words "Will you marry me?"

______

1