Chapter Thirty Seven

| JUNGKOOK |

Ever since the Black Dragon's had been defeated, business for the Red Rosés had finally gone back to normal.

No one was worrying about potential threats from them, nor working around plans to infiltrate them.

Everyone has been focusing on the businesses that were being run, i.e. their big companies that are all around.

There was a lot of paper work but it wasn't like no one wasn't used to that, even before the Black Dragon's they had tones of paper work to fill out.

A few weeks after the funeral, Jungkook held a small course for the members of his family who would like to become his Third in Command.

The course was quite depressing when people took it because no one wanted to replace Hoseok's spot, but Jungkook needed a Third in Command so people took it.

The course had taken about a week and Kim Yugyeom had done the best, so later that night Jungkook announced who would become the new Third in Command.

Everyone was happy for Yugyeom, but they weren't ecstatic because the wounds of Hoseok and Jackson were still fresh.

It would be a long time before they could all finally heal, but no one was going to dwell on the situation because then nothing in the house would be done. 

It was a full year until everyone was finally getting back to normal, smiles came back to faces and the house went from dull back to lively.

Plans for Taehyung birthday were being arranged as there was only a week left until his boy finally turned 18 years old.

While everyone was arranging the younger's birthday party, Jungkook was sat in his office with the Kim couple, Jimin and Yoongi along with Yugyeom as he came up with different plans.

Today Jungkook had ordered BamBam to go and collect Jungkook's gift for his boy and Moonbin and Youngjae to take his boy out for the whole day.

Taehyung did know about the plans for his birthday, it wasn't really a huge surprise. 

Every time he brought it up to Jungkook saying how it wasn't necessary, the man would just wave him off with a kiss before walking away.

To be honest, Jungkook didn't like parties but he had a surprise for his boy that he wanted to give to him on his birthday.

He says surprise because it is, but it's also a will he actually accept it? They had spoken about it and Jungkook was ready, he'd wanted to do it for so long but he wanted to wait until his angel had finally turned 18 years old.

He'd kicked his feet up on his desk, while he leaned back in his chair as he looked at all the people in his office "When are you planning to ask?" The voice of Jin said, cutting the younger out of his train of thoughts.

A small hum left his lips "I was thinking maybe we could trick him with the 'birthday cake time'?" He replied, but it came out more of a question.

"I like that!" Jimin said "Like, we could turn all the lights out and he'd expect someone to come in with a cake but actually they aren't and if anyone has a lighter they can turn those on because that's romantic right? It's like candles but not?"

"Isn't that a fire hazard?" Jin said a little warily "What if someone accidentally catches someone or something and it catches on fire?"

"I'm sure no one is that stupid Jin hyung," Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me boy, I'll get the spoon. Don't test me," Jungkook quickly put his hands up in surrender.

"Anyway, people used to get their lighters out in concerts when no one really used their phone's flashlight," Yugyeom commented "As long as people keep a fair distance away from each other I think it could work."

Everyone nodded their head except for Jin "What about we do it outside? It's less dangerous?"

"The living room is big enough for everyone if we push everything out of the way, it'll be fine Jinnie," Namjoon replied, placing a comforting hand on his husbands thigh.

A small grumble left Jin's lips as he crossed his arms over his chest, looking away from everyone.

"Stop being childish Jin, no one's going to set fire to anything," Yoongi said "And if they do, you'll get to say your 'I told you so'."

"I'm not being childish! I'm just being logical!" He replied, glaring at Yoongi who was stifling a laugh.

Jungkook isn't entirely sure how long this argument went on for, but Jin had finally agreed to it after the many convincing comments about it.

"And at the end, we'll all be happy then we can do the cake," Namjoon grinned "I can't wait for the cake, I can already taste it."

"Well, you've got a week to wait for that cake. Can you last that long?" Jimin replied with a small laugh.

Namjoon shrugged "Jin makes loads in hopes to find the perfect one, I'll be right by his side eating all the failed attempts."

"Damn, I wanna join in on this," Yugyeom said "Jin makes the best cake."

Everyone in the room nodded their heads in agreement "It's better than just throwing it away."

"But won't you all get sick and tired of eating cake?" Jin asked with a raised eyebrow.

A chorus of 'Nope's' could be heard, this caused the man to let out a sigh "Whatever."

"Then it's settled then, the surprise plan will take place when someone mentions it's time for the birthday cake," Jungkook said "I just hope he agrees."

"I'm sure he will Kook, he's never not talking about you," Yoongi replied "It's cute but damn does it get annoying."

"That's my boy," he said with a small laugh.

"Tell me about it," Yoongi grumbled, this just made everyone else laugh.

"So the plan's sorted, we just need to tell the rest of the house now," he said, getting up from his seat as everyone followed his lead "Now go."

Everyone nodded, leaving the males office ready to go tell the rest of the family about the plan that will take place on Taehyung's birthday.

Jungkook sat back down in his chair, pulling himself closer to his desk as he looked at his laptop background.

It was a group photograph taken weeks before Taehyung was taken and Hoseok and Jackson had died.

Jungkook, Taehyung, the Kim couple along with Hoseok, Jackson, Yoongi and Jimin had all taken a day trip to a water park.

Taehyung had kept pestering them about wanting to go as he hadn't been since he was a little kid, and because Taehyung had mastered his puppy eyes and his pouty face they had all agreed to go.

The day was really fun, everyone was happy. They didn't have a care in the world, like nothing else mattered in that moment but their fun.

Before they had left they had asked a nice couple to take a group photo of them, they all looked so happy then.

Just thinking about it had his eyes brimming with tears, it had been so long since he thought about them that it hurt.

They won't be here when he finally does the big surprise on Taehyung's birthday, they were supposed to help him but of course they couldn't now.

With a small sigh, he wiped his eyes and closed his laptops lid.

They may be gone, but they will always be there in everyone's hearts.

______

3