Prologue ✔

| TAEHYUNG |

It was just another normal day for Taehyung, well I wouldn't exactly call this normal for someone else but to him it was.

He was completely used to what happens to him on a daily basis.

He really hates his life; he really wishes that he could die at times. That maybe his father would take it too far and end up killing him.

With a sigh, he pulled his knees up to his chest as he wrapped his arms around his legs before burying his face into them.

He hasn't eaten for weeks, refusing to leave the comfort of his bed.

Even if he left his room he'd get a beating ten times worse than he already has.

His body was already littered in cuts and bruises from previous beatings from his father, lucky for him he hasn't received one for two days now.

But his luck was just about to time out, footsteps could be heard walking up the creaking staircase, grumbles and incoherent words could be heard leaving the lips of the monster he calls his father.

Ever since his mother died his father changed, he was no longer the loving dad that he once remembered. He was a bastard.

A horrible man who beats his son, but he doesn't blame him.

It's only been a year since his mother died, and every day he blames himself just like his father does. It was his fault at the end of the day.

Maybe if he didn't ask his mother to pick him up from music practice that day. Maybe she'd still be alive.

It had been pouring down that day and practice had finished about 5:30 pm and he didn't want to walk home so he asked his mother to come pick him up which she gladly accepted.

That day she never turned up to pick him up, because that day she was trapped inside of a crushed car, that day she had stopped breathing, all for what? To pick up her son who refused to walk home in the rain.

Maybe he should blame the drunken lorry driver for killing his mum, but he just couldn't. He blamed himself because if he hadn't of asked her to come and collect him, she'd still be alive.

They'd all be happy.

He'd still be in school, he wouldn't have had to drop out to hide all the cuts and bruises that now litter his body.

He'd still have friends.

But not anymore.

A year had passed and she's still gone along with his loving father.

But it wasn't long until a small whimper left the boy's lips as the door to his bedroom was flung open, revealing his highly drunk and highly pissed off father.

He hoped that maybe he wouldn't come back tonight but of course, he never gets what he hopes for or wishes for.

"You!" His father shouted as he stormed over to him, grabbing a fistful of his hair as he made the young boy look up at him, a small whimper escaping his lips.

"Where is it?!" He shouted with a glare.

"Where's what?" The younger whimpered out, his face showing the amount of pain that he was in.

"You know what you bastard!" He growled "Where the fuck is my money!"

"I don't know!" He cried out, trying to get out of his father's harsh grip "I promise, I don't know where it is! I haven't left my room like you told me!"

"I don't believe you!" He sneered, throwing the small boys body onto the floor.

Taehyung tried crawling away from him, but was stopped when a harsh foot came stamping down onto his lower back knocking the wind right out of his mouth.

"Where do you think you're going? Think you can get away from me? Huh?" He said with a harsh kick to the boy's side.

"N-No!" He cried with a shake of his head.

"Good," he said with a drunken grin "Because you're not going anywhere you little fucking shit!"

"It's your fault your mother is dead, it should have been you in her place," he said, crouching down in front of him before harshly taking the boys chin into his thumb and forefinger.

Taehyung just nodded his head, agreeing with his father because it's true.

It should be him that is gone and not his mother, she deserves to be alive whereas he does not.

He's not worthy to be walking this earth; he's not worthy to be breathing in its fresh air.

"Glad you agree," he sneered "But that's too bad, you're going to stay alive and regret why she is dead, if you could have just fucking walked home that day my beautiful wife would still be alive! Now... Now I'm stuck with you!" He spat in his face, forcefully pushing him onto the floor before standing up.

He spat at him once more and with one last harsh kick, he was out of the boy's bedroom, door slamming shut behind him.

That night he curled up into a small ball, his whole body shaking from fear and sadness as tears rolled down his cheeks.

Chocked sobs left his lips, trying so desperately not to make too much noise not wanting that son of a bitch coming back upstairs.

He wishes his life was different.

He wishes he didn't have to suffer like this but, it's his fault.

He'll keep reminding himself that every single day for the rest of his horrible life, it's his fault his mother is dead.

But along with wishing he was dead, he wishes his father was dead as well.

Maybe if he wasn't much of a weak bastard, maybe he could murder his own father but he couldn't do that.

At the end of the day, no matter how much his father hits him and curses him out he'll always have that small amount of love for him.

He will always keep the hope that maybe his father would come back to his old ways, regret what he had done to his own son.

But that's just wishful thinking; he knows that will never happen to him at all.

He's doomed for the rest of his life.

So maybe, maybe if his father was out of the picture things could get better.

Maybe life will be so much easier for him.

But he's Kim Taehyung.

His life will never be easy. 

______