Chapter 5| ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ...ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ

Start from the beginning

"Dude. She totally wants you." I heard Tyson laugh from behind me.

I shrugged. "I know. But I'm not interested."

Of course I'm not stupid. I know Josie has a thing for me, she always has. But it's not a big deal to me. I don't see her like that so I mostly just ignore her advances. Plus her daddy is my boss, and I would like to keep my job.

Tyson looked over at me with a dumb expression on his freckled face. "What?! How can you not be interested, are you mentally stable?"

I rolled my eyes as I fixed my beanie on my head and stuffed my hands down in my coat pocket. "Whatever man, come on let's get to work."

Tyson put his hand up playfully saluting me. "Aye aye, captain,"

"You're so stupid dude." I chuckled as we walked along the trial out to our work space.

____

"Alright Ty, I'm gonna go take my lunch. But Samuel should be in soon to take his shift."

Tyson nodded waving me off. "You got it man, see ya later!"

"See ya."

Sitting down at my small desk I sighed pulling out my lunch.

I decided to give mom a call and check in on Bria.

"Hey momma. How's everything, is Bria behaving?" I asked as I clicked my pen.

"Yes honey she's doing just fine. How is work going today?"

I sighed leaning back in my chair rubbing my head over my forehead. "Ughh it's all good mama same as everyday."

"Hmm I don't know, it doesn't sound all too good. So what's going on, you know you can talk to me."

Damnit, she always knew when I was lying.  "Can I talk to Bria?"

"She's down for her nap. Now quit trying to change the subject."

I chuckled and nodded. "I'm just a little tired ma, no big deal I promise." I mumbled into my hand.

"No you need your rest too sweetheart, so how about you go home and get some. I'll keep Bria here with me."

"You sure momma? I mean, I don't wanna bother you if you-"

"Now stop right there Y/N. Bria is my only grandchild, and you know I'll do anything for the two of you."

"Ok. Well I love you."

"I love you too baby, talk to you later."

Hanging up the phone I sat staring at the wall for a moment. Thinking over everything, my life, Bria, Ariana.. I'm not really sure why but ever since I met her it's like I can't stop thinking about her.

She's constantly on my mind and with Bria around she definitely won't allow me to forget. Her Ariana.

Another 8 hours at work past and I was extremely exhausted right now. I hadn't been to sleep in at least 24 hours, so I was walking on straight blessings.

But I didn't waste any time. As soon as I got in the house I walked straight to the bathroom to take a hot shower and change from my dirty clothes.

I stood under the hot water running my fingers through my hair.

Shit it felt so good to finally be able to do this and unwind some.

|30 minutes later|

I turned off the water stepping out the shower. I reached out grabbing me a towel from the top shelf quickly putting it around my waist.