Just One Day

3rd person's POV

Seokjin and RM gather everyone and force them to eat something before going to bed. As they approach the shared living-room, they hear a weak voice singing. It's Yule, they recognize it, but unlike at the Cavallo's residence, this time his voice is brittle, a bit croaky, gruffy and sleepy... Peeking from the corner, they see him half-asleep supporting his head with a hand, while the other gently runs in Y/n's hair. The girl is sleeping covered with a blanket and uses his lap as a pillow.

"♪My tears are stained but I still crack a smile. I can't take the pain of crying anymore, but there's no way to fight back my tears, my tears will flow down quietly...♪"

They didn't expect him to sing in Korean, and even if he sounds sleepy, his voice doesn't sing out of tune once and pretty effortlessly. Listening to him singing in a language that the boys understand, is a punch in the stomach for the vocalists, Yule's voice sounds deeper and raspier than usual because he's dozing off, but Jimin, Jungkook, Taehyung and Seokjin can clearly hear the high vibrations behind the croaky tone...

Why am I so pissed about it? They think. He's such a good and talented singer, then why do I feel like this?

"♪I can't, my tears are stained, but I still crack a smile...♪" a tear falls from his eye and his voice starts to crack but doesn't lose harmony. "♪My tears will just flow quietly down my face...♪"

"Yule..." Y/n's sleepy voice awakes the glacial boy who quickly rubs his eyes and fixes his voice. "You don't need to worry." she takes his hand and lying on her side, she puts it on her tummy and gently intertwines her fingers with his. "I'm here, I won't go anywhere, I won't leave you behind."

".....I'm the one who leaves people behind." he comments leaning to place a quick kiss on her temple. "I know you will stay, I'm just scared to lose you. You really should stay away from cars, first they fully hit you throwing you across the street, then that asshole... Ah, I'll die soon, my heart won't keep up with this."

"I'm fine, my shoulder doesn't hurt much, you don't need to worry. I'm strong, you know it." she adjusts her head and yawns. "We're even, you make me worry so much I think a stroke will come as soon as well."

"Haha, I'm a man, I can protect myself-"

"What a sexist comment. When you were a brat you always hid behind me, remember?"

"N-not at all! You still hide behind me when you get embarrassed, how about tha-"

"Sing something else, I want to sleep a bit more."

"What song would like the queen?" he says dramatically, sliding a bit down on the couch. "My voice is at your service."

"Anything but nothing sad."

"♪On a path of darkness to an empty white throne, one will deceive them all.♪" the upbeat rhythm echoes in the room as the boy hits the floor with his foot to follow the tempo. Now his voice is more decise, but keep the throaty undertones that gives the song a unique touch. "♪By spinning a false tale, the blackened sun will slowly begin to fall, vanquishing the light like the twilight. One's thought...♪" he gazes down at the woman when the grip on his hand loosened, he chuckles, starting to doze off himself as well.

Before he notices, the group very quietly walks in finding the dinner ready like always. They sit and warn Namjoon to not break anything, Yule and Y/n are sleeping, they don't want to disturb them, even because, both looks quite tired, and Yoongi knows why.

"Look at the coffee table." he whispers.

The six members scan the furniture and a little box of meds catch their attention. Painkiller. Well, it's almost midnight, but... they both took it? Y/n for sure, she said that her shoulder didn't hurt much...