"Listen Shivaay, before you leave for office, I have to ask something about the Kalyani mills fire...." started Annika, as she rushed off after Shivaay, but her husband cut her off.

"Not now Annika, I have to rush, I'll talk to you later" said Shivaay, and left for office. 

Annika sighed. Now what?

"Annika Didi?" came Soumya's voice behind her.

"Arey Soumya, how are you? You didn't go for your internship?" asked Annika. 

"Nah. It ended last week. I completed my assignment before time. I needed this week off for packing and everything, after all I'll be leaving this weekend" said Soumya, sounding sad.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Soumya, but don't worry, I'll pester Billuji to take us all to meet you at least three times a year" said Annika.

Soumya smiled. 

"Annika Di, don't mind, but I heard you asking about the Kalyani Mills fire right now?" said Soumya.

Annika seemed a little reserved, after all, she didn't want to blab unnecessarily about the disaster. 

"Its just...I and Rudy came across some documents about the disaster, so well, if you want to know anything, maybe I can help?" suggested Soumya.

Annika's expression cleared up. 

"That would be nice, Soumya, its that Shivaay, i.e. the Oberoi industries, is holding a memorial service for the victims of that disaster, so I thought I should know about it as much as I can" said Annika. 

Annika and Soumya proceeded to the latter's room, where Soumya still retained some of the documents from the box Tej Uncle had gifted to Rudra. 

"Di, according to this file, the Oberoi family rebuilt their business from the insurance money they received from the insurance company" said Soumya, explaining a few more details about the disaster and how insurance claims work.

So, Mamaji was right about this, thought Annika, what if he was right about other things?

"So, Soumya, why did the insurance company take so long to release the claim amount to the Oberoi business?" asked Annika.

Soumya looked furtively at the door, to make sure it was shut.

"Di, what I am going to tell you is in strictest confidence. I tried to broach this topic with Rudra, but then I didn't because he might not like what I found out, after contacting the insurance company" said Soumya.

"Soumya, I might accidentally slip up and say something to Gauri, though" said Annika. She didn't want to cheat Soumya's confidence on her. 

Soumya considered, and decided she was fine with it. 

"Di, the company delayed releasing the claims, because they had received some information that the some members of the Oberoi family were seen on the factory site, a few hours before the disaster. It was after work, and usually the Oberoi heads were not supposed to be at the site that time. But they were, and that's what raised the hackles of the insurance company, specially because someone had sent their photographs to the company. But the photographs only show them entering and leaving, not doing anything suspicious. The insurance company's investigation report says that the blast due to the fire happened within half an hour of the actual fire, so the Oberois couldn't have started it, but still their being there a few hours before the disaster seemed suspicious to the insurance company. But without any solid evidence, the company had to release the claim, and sanction the request for compensation for victims" explained Soumya.