Remember Me (Shiro x Reader!)

You are my sunshine, 』

In an instant, life itself could change, Shiro knew that better than any one else. Even in those circumstances, the former leader of Voltron had felt appeased, content with his actions. It was as if everything he has worked up for till now had paid off somehow, leaving him so very grateful for his teammates, especially (y/n). His vision slowly became more and more hazy, the familiarity of the presence before him sending a tinge of pain shooting throughout his slowed heart.

'(y/n)...'

He was a fallen soldier, or so it seemed. However, just being close to his beautiful significant other was enough to bring a weak smile to his face. The very smile he would spend a life time protecting disappeared, panic washing over (his/her/their) facial features. He couldn't bring himself to move his limbs, each subtle push had him in immense pain and he let out weeps.

"Shiro!"

'(y/n).'

The voice he loved so much was full of desperation.

"Shiro! Stay with me!!"

'Stay?'

Heh, the very thought of his lover caused a bubbly feeling to resurface and he had found shelter in those comforting words. He recalled the first time those soft lips pressed against his, so gentle and sweet and how (he/she/they) became a flustered mess afterwards. Shiro couldn't stop teasing after that. Or the time that he had met (his/her/their) brother that was a pilot enrolled in the Garrison, how (he/she/they) had tip-toed down the corridor at midnight only to lose track of time.

"Someone?" (he/she/they) shriek(s), shakily and full of anxiousness. "any one!"

Shiro was truly oh so blessed. He loved (him/her/them) ... Way more than he thought.

『 My only sunshine, 』

The former Black Paladin could recall the very moment he had fallen victim for (y/n)'s charms. It was on a cloudy day like that did he end up crossing paths with the eccentric engineer, the grey clouds foreshadowing the world he once knew as Earth. Home.

"Shiro!"

The melodic voice seemed galaxies away, repeating his name over and over, like a broken record. Oh, how he could listen to it every day. Then, it had faded, just like his vision of the figure before him. Yet, he could still remember the very existence of his significant other, the joyful curl of (his/her/their) lips when they were pleased by the simplest of things, the (h/c) hair that whisked in the wind as the two stood proudly of each other, and how could he forget the very eyes that mesmerized him? God, who knew Shiro could love like this. If Lance could read his mind, he would surely be damn mess.