Home For Christmas (Shiro x Reader!)

"Christmas is here, everyone!"

"No, not yet... Sleep some more, (y/n),"

Who was the familiar figure that was suddenly a blur?

~

It was almost Christmas indeed, where was their once energy now? It was as if it dissipated from existence, left with nothing but complete disappointment. These days, it was tiresome just thinking of Christmas. The holiday that was once the world to them was now a burden of purchasing gifts, socials that were all too familiar to them, and the tradition of drinking too much fruit punch every year. The date was December eighteenth and they could already taste the fruity sensation that seemed to soil all the other appetizers, the decorated living room and the radio playing in the background as their family made small talk of New Years resolutions that clearly weren't going to happen.

For some reason, it was as if they'd been amiss, gone elsewhere and they would find themselves drifting off, though unfazed by the same Christmas party that was held yearly. Here they were, sitting on the crimson sofa in their parents' living room, television on low, the sound of sizzling from the kitchen that was only in the next room, nothing changed from the last visit. They fixed their (h/c) hair to make it look like they didn't just get up, which they did previously.

Mother approached, platter of food in her hands as she placed the platter down before sitting on the opposite side of them, forced smile accompanying her. (Y/n) knew this too well, the woman was about to spring up another one of those 'it's about time you get married,' conversations again, and they would lose their appetite immediately, leaving the freshly made stir fry food untouched.

"(Y/n)-," mother started, leaning forward, "it's about time to settle down now."

There it was.

"Your father and I think we can arrange something for you," she says, "we've given you enough time to think about it, haven't we."

They let out a sigh.

"Just say yes, okay?" mother was persistent, it was sometimes irritating.

"Mom, I told you many times already," (y/n) starts, arms folding over their chest in protest, "I'm not going to get married to someone I don't know,"

A sigh had escaped her lips, "you're being way too stubborn, (y/n),"

"You're being the stubborn one, mom.." They whisper under their breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," (y/n) responds, managing to get up, "is that all you wanted to talk about?"

"You're twenty-one years, (y/n)," mother says, more sternly, "at this rate, you'll be forever alone, do you want that to happen?!"

"I'm fine with that." They state, groaning, "happy holidays, mom. Tell dad I said hi, okay?"

There was no answer, total silence to accompany the tense atmosphere that surrounded the two. It was always like that. What were they expecting? The door to exit the large house they grew up in felt a little bit bigger than usual, longer more like. The walk down the corridor was long and lonely, although they didn't care, anger boiling within them. Arranged marriages? There was no way in hell they were going to get married off to someone of the same, wealthy status as them, what if they were going to be treated poorly? Ugh! Never in a million years would they accept an arranged marriage!