Close Combat (Keith x Reader!)

'SWOOSH' the blade whisked through the air, swords repeatedly hitting each other as Keith was sent flying on the floor, flustered by losing to a mere machine. He growls towards it, standing up again, then striking a defensive stance for another try. Keith has been stressed lately and knowing him, would most likely take it out on those strange animatronic fighting machines. Today, (y/n) thought it might be fun to watch her boyfriend train, he was always doing it alone after all. Though, he seemed off his game, his attention directing elsewhere, perhaps towards her? She immediately shook the thought off, pulling her legs closer to her chest to gain comfort as she admires his determination and flattering body.

He was knocked down again. This time Keith looked more frustrated, yet (y/n) found it somehow adorable. There it was; the blush that made its appearance on his cheeks as he tried everything in his power to hide from her. She could tell he was nervous in her presence, though she didn't know why, the two of them have been dating for a few months and to her, that was a long time. Although she didn't mind seeing him like that.

He grumbles, stealing a glance at the (h/c) female, hoping she wouldn't notice his dark orbs looking in her direction. Keith grunted, shielding himself with his sword as winces, feeling the impact of the other sword. It was hard to practice his sword skills with his girlfriend present, mainly because he couldn't focus on just the machine in front of him. He heard a small giggle escape the woman's lips and for a moment, Keith felt even more irritated. Why was she laughing? At his failed attempt to focus? Or the dummy? (I'm not sure what those things are called *sigh*)

"Keith, you're really cute,"

The words just slipped out, she didn't mean to say anything like that. She could feel her cheeks heat up, breaking eye contact with her beloved. The atmosphere had changed, his face less tense, though he didn't look too happy to be called cute. He merely put up his sword again, aiming for the robotic fighting machine as he charged towards it without a second thought. He dodged the attacks swiftly but in the end, was knocked on the floor. He let a sigh escape his lips, eyes closed then he slowly opened them and stood back on his two feet, preparing for another round, gaze full of determination.

Sweat fell from his forehead but it didn't matter, all Keith wanted to do was win. He couldn't lose this much with (y/n) in the room, now he was fully concentrated. At least, that's what he thought. He saw an opening, quick movements as he clashes with the enemy sword, sliding it up and attacking. Keith strikes middle of the torso, causing the bot to crash on the floor. Finally. He searched up, eyes on his girlfriend as she chuckles, applauding the man at his win. For some reason, Keith sensed that she was still thinking he was cute. A man shouldn't be called cute so lightly, should they?

Cheeks changing colour once again, he slides towards the female. (Y/n) seemed surprised at the sudden approach, though he payed no attention to it. A small smile full of mischief forms on his handsome features as he holds her arms against the wall, making the woman vulnerable. She didn't try to escape his grasp, the only sign of retaliation was her flushed cheeks and averted eyes. He could feel her warm breath tickle the nape of his neck because of how close they were, his cheeks tainted pink from how embarrassed to be doing something like that. She brought it on herself though.

"Am I still cute?" He asks, grey-black eyes staring at her.

She didn't answer. He loosened his grip on (y/n)'s wrist, one hand still pinning her to the wall while the other cups her cheek, his lips pressing against hers gently. It felt good, almost like he was in charge. He wasn't though. His woman eased into the kiss, clearly enjoying it. He pulled away slowly, releasing her from his lock with a grin full of accomplishment plastered on his face.

"Now, (y/n)," Keith starts, "am I still cute?"

She shook her head in response, she couldn't help thinking he was cute still. (Y/n) shouldn't be too careless now that there was a side like this to her lover. Obviously she had to keep the comment to herself due to how confident the man was about the situation. She could only smile and feel happy for Keith who seemed to brim with accomplishment and proudness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: For GoldApollo who asked for this scenario, I really liked the idea~! (Not sure if this is how you wanted it though, was Keith supposed to do that? Who knows, clearly I don't hehe. It was also pretty short, sorry about that!) Thanks for 7k! Not sure when it happened but it made me really happy! Also, if I have any mistakes, please let me know! Thanks! (Ready for my announcements?) I'm doing a collaboration with my very good friend IslaTheRandomGirl called 'Rainbow Threads' which is my first original story that I've co-written. (Actually, it's my very first original.) I wrote the first chapter, and Isla wrote the second, it's my turn again this week. One last thing before I forget: shoutout to buebellpanda !! You should read her vld Fanfiction, it's really good! (I forgot to give a shoutout last time, I'm forgetful, sorry about that!)

 One last thing before I forget: shoutout to buebellpanda !! You should read her vld Fanfiction, it's really good! (I forgot to give a shoutout last time, I'm forgetful, sorry about that!)

Life update: SAKUYA MAKES ME WANT TO HUG HIM AND HE DESERVES SO MUCH MORE, I'M ACTUALLY CRYING

Life update: SAKUYA MAKES ME WANT TO HUG HIM AND HE DESERVES SO MUCH MORE, I'M ACTUALLY CRYING. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT FOR STUPID UPDATES ON THE ANIME AND MANGA UUGH!!!! REVAMP HAS STOLEN MY HEART AND I'M DYING JUST WAITING FOR AN UPDATE!!!  (MY CHILD IS MAKING ME CRY SO MUCH OMG I LOVE THIS PRECIOUS CHARACTER, HE NEED TO BE SO HAPPY AND AAAAAH JUST SMILE LIKE THE WONDERFUL ANGEL HE IS)