Altean Promise (Rolo x Reader!)

Since the encounter with Rolo and his team, (y/n) felt sort of different. She began  to have this strange sensation in her stomach that was unusual for her, as an Altean, she assumed it was so sort of magical energy that formed, though at the same time, wasn't. It was confusing her. To perfectly describe it, the fluttering only started when she met the purple being that sent heat to her cheeks, following a fastened heart beat. Perhaps she was ill? It was a possibility. She knew someone she could ask for advice, Lance. He was a good friend, a bit flirty which often irritated her, but still a good friend. She got up, searching the area for the him, but he was nowhere to be found. Now that she thought about it, Nyma had disappeared too.

"Where is Lance, if you don't mind me asking," (y/n) asks Pidge, who seemed intrigued by the small robot that craved the boy's attention, "Pidge?"

"I'm not sure, (y/n)," Pidge responds, brushing off the Altean woman, light brown eyes reverting back to Beezer, notifying the machine that 'he' was listening, "I'm sure he's just being Lance somewhere else, he should be fine, don't worry about him,"

The (h/c) haired woman wandered around the small area, scanning here and there, yet there was no sign of Lance anywhere. She let a sigh escape her lips, slumped over on the solid ground beside her friend Keith. Maybe she could ask Keith about her absurd feelings she's been getting? The confusion started bothering her, normally she could read her feelings like a book, not this time apparently. It was too strange, she's never felt this way and she's been around for ten thousand years. Not once.

"Keith?" She calls, smile on her face, "may I ask you something?"

Keith's eyes averted towards the female beside him, nodding approvingly to notify her to go on, "yeah, I'll listen, (y/n)," he says.

"Well, I was just wondering...." (Y/n) trails, looking away from Keith, "do you know the symptoms of liking someone? One time Lance told me its infectious and that it goes around a lot,"

Keith hid his smile with his right arm, pretending to cough to disguise his small laugh from the confusion that strikes her feminine features. He cleared his throat, dropping his arm to the side, face relaxing. Of course Lance would say something like that to her, Keith knew that (y/n) was gullible and would instantly believe in Lance. Keith felt like it was his duty to tell her it wasn't necessarily something spread like a sickness, now that Keith thought about it, how did you like someone? Symptoms? Lance's humour sometimes bewildered him, yet made sense a little bit.

"Keith?" She calls, knocking him out of his daze, "are you alright?"

"Ah, sorry," Keith replies, "I actually don't know, now I understand why you were looking for the Lance,"

(Y/n) nods, dusting off her blue and white dress that went just past her knees, apron around the waist area. On Altea, where the female was from, she used to make the meals for the princess and the King. A personal chef is what her status was. She loved it, then without warning, she was thrown into a pod along with Princess Allura and her royal advisor, Coran. The last of their kind. She still helped around the palace grounds, she could remember the beautiful garden and her old friend who took care of the plants and trees. By now, it was all gone. Altea has fallen and the last of their kind were to help Voltron save the universe, perhaps even restore peace when possible.

"You're spacing out again," Keith says, hand waving in front of her (e/c) orbs to bring her out of her wandering mind, "is something wrong?"