Nostalgia (Allura x Reader!)

"Hey (y/n)! Did you see your brother doing a somersault earlier?" He gloats, grin plastered on his face. "I was good, wasn't I?"

Her brother was unbelievably confident, although that's one of the many reasons for following him around all the time. The way his sandy blonde hair bounced every time he did stunts as he showed off his latest moves, the sound of her mother's gentle voice notifying that dinner was done, her father probably watching television in the living room, it felt too nostalgic. Too real. Once again, she followed close behind her brother, wandering into the house where all her precious memories were carved into. She could recall the measurement on the wall where her height and her brother's were marked, the pictures of her family hanging on the refrigerator, the smile on their faces every time they had dinner, everything.

"-(y/n)?" Julius, her brother calls, confused for a moment, "did you hear me? I said, 'tomorrow is the last day of attending high school (thank god) and since I'm going to college, I might as well spend it with my family,' sheesh, you gotta listen next time," he says, letting out a sigh.

"I heard," she replies, staring at the familiar faces of her family.

"Yeah, now you did," he mumbles, slightly annoyed.

---------------
"(Y/n)!" Crap, she spaced out again.

"Huh? What is it now, Lance?" She asks, lifting her hand from her face, "I heard you," although... She didn't really.

"Oh," he says, nodding, "so you're fine with not going on the next mission,"

She let out a sigh shaking her head, "I didn't say that,"

"Hey! But you just said-,"

"-Said what? All I said was I heard you," she retorts, folding her arms over her chest and averting her eyes from him.

Lance reminded her of Julius, the personality of his was that of her brother's. It was one of the many reasons she was so drawn to him. She missed her family and whenever that feeling of nostalgia hit her hard, she found Lance to surpass those unwelcoming butterflies and uneasiness. It may have been a habit of hers to visit Lance or seek help from him whenever she needed it and whenever Lance was reluctant and suspicious as to why it was him, she'd brush it off and simply give a vague answer of 'because you're free right now,' even though sometimes, he wasn't. The tanned man with the chestnut brown hair merely let out a sigh of exasperation, closing his eyes then opening them only to find (y/n) still protesting.

"Allura wants you to stay today," Lance responds, "she said something about you getting hurt?"

"I can handle myself, y'know," she replies, pouting.

"You should listen to the princess more, (y/n)," Shiro interrupts, arms crossed as he leans against the wall, a warm smile on the handsome features of his, "you should listen to her just this once,"

She wasn't sure why, but she felt as though the black and blue paladin were up to something. She just couldn't figure out what it was, the smiles of her new family continued until Coran waltzed in, not a care in the world and he turned to face (y/n), patting the female's back and reassuring that it will be a fun day to stay with the Altean's.

"We're going now," Shiro announces, once the Paladins formed, eyes full of unwavering determination and total seriousness.