Competition (Lance x Shy!Reader x Keith)

She was always flustered around Lance which he found really cute. It applied to Keith too, but it's not really a competition to see who gets the girl if Keith participates, right? Today they decided to have a day off from training and boy Lance was happy for that, he was getting pretty fatigued. Now that the day was finally here, he didn't know what to do. Sleep? Go annoy the hell out of Keith? Help Coran? He takes that one back. Anything but that. Just when he was pondering on what to do, (y/n) entered the barracks, holding a small, shabby looking book to her chest. She looked nervous and cute, like always.

"(Y/n)~," Lance cooed, getting up and slinging his arm around her neck, "let me see," he says, snatching the small book away from her.

She squealed a little, "L-Lance, no!" She yells, trying to grab her prized possession back.

He looked over his shoulder, goofy grin on his face as he flashes a small doodle of Keith on the page with a sentence that read 'Today, Keith trained with me,' then flipped the page, showing a cute doodle of himself with the the writing of 'Lance and I listened to music to pass the time today.' Which made him really happy. Flustered, she jumped and managed to snatch the journal away, clearly upset by the drastic measures that he took. She didn't look him in the eyes at all, entire face reddened from embarrassment.

"(Y/n)?" Damn, Keith had entered the room, "what happened? Lance, what did you do this time?"

He let out a sigh, "I looked-," he was cut off by a hand slapped on his mouth, "h-hey," he muffles, attempting to stop (y/n).

"He, um-," she pauses, looking away from Keith, "-was just joking..."

She removed her hand away from his mouth, a sigh escaping her lips. Lance didn't know how to explain now. Joking? About what? He scratched his head, smirking as he pulled the female closer to him and leaned forward, other hand on his hip as if to instigate Keith. It worked, the ash haired man walking closer to (y/n) and shoving lance's arm off her as he shot a piercing glance towards him. All the tanned man could do was laugh, Keith clearly annoyed by his attitude.

"(Y/n), you don't have to do everything that idiot tell you," Keith says, glancing at Lance before he broke into a smile.

"What did you say?" Lance yelps, staring at the two, "well Keith-,"

"-Yeah?"

He couldn't think of anything, "nothing, nothing at all,"

"Yeah," Keith replies, eyes glancing at (y/n), "anyway, I think we should go talk somewhere more quiet," Keith finishes, glancing at Lance again.

Lance shook his head, "no way! I know what you're trying to do Keith,"

"And what is that?"

"You're trying to take her for yourself, am I right?"

Keith merely glanced towards him, "well yeah," Keith starts, "you're spot on Lance,"

Lance blinked twice, clearly astonished by his friend. "... I knew it," Lance mutters, storming towards two of them, smile plastered on his face, "the more the merrier, right Keith?"

That received a small sigh from the red paladin, oh how fun it was to tease him. "Hey," (y/n)'s soft voice calls, gaining the attention of both Paladins, "uh... What are we doing?"

That's right. What were they going to do? Lance raised an eyebrow to Keith who let out another sigh, crossing his arms, as though he was in deep thought. For a moment, the trio were silent, then Lance exhaled, an idea that the three could do together suddenly whirled in his mind. Keith's sharp eyes were full of irritation but he didn't tell Lance to shut up or stop, so he was going to announce it.

"I have an idea," Lance says, grinning, "I say we have a little party in the training room, y'know, like music and flashing lights,"

"Great idea Lance,"

He wasn't sure if Keith was being sarcastic or not, but whatever. It didn't matter. His eyes immediately trailed to (y/n), a slight nod signifying that they could continue with the new plan. Plan A. Party in the training room would soon come into affect. Man, was Lance excited. He had no idea how upsetting the outcome would be.

~

Lance rustled his chestnut brown hair, staring at the only other participant in the room besides (y/n), him, and Keith. The Altean man rambled on about something about stretching before getting his groove on, though Lance didn't pay much attention. Coran happily stretched quickly, groaning with every touch of his toes. How boring. He wasn't sure what he was expecting, but not this. He let a sigh escape his lips, (y/n) gladly watching Coran as she decided to join in. Well, it was better than not having anyone else. At least, that's what he told himself.

"Man, I can't believe everyone rejected without even listening to what I have to say," Lance complains, emphasizing his bummed mood.

Keith let a out a small laugh, Lance grumbling in displeasure. Totally unnecessary. Of course Keith would laugh at something that wasn't funny. His lips curled into a mischievous smirk, another idea slowly forming as he immediately pushed his way to his feet and walked towards (y/n). She had been giggling at something amusing Coran told her, attempting to lean forward to touch the tip of her toes just like the altean was doing just before. Then before he knew it, she was talking to Coran about how flexible he was compared he was to her.

"Lance," she murmurs, the soft tone of hers mesmerizing him. Wow, that sounded pretty lame.

"Why don't we dance, (y/n)?" Lance asks, holding out his hand.

She looked hesitant for a moment, although her hand was gently placed on his and he pulled her close. (Damn, I've been watching too much Korean drama.) Lance glanced over at the mullet head, amused by Keith's reaction. It was priceless, the sudden shock and irritation written all over his face, and in Lance's mind, he had won. Though, it wasn't the first time, right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember someone requesting this but I forget, I'm too lazy to look through the comments too... But I'll look soon and write them another one shot. Wow, this was complete crap. I'll try to write something better soon. Sorry, I lack motivation an I'm currently stuck with writers block. Oh boy, this isn't looking good. I'll try my best to write more often though. I don't like this one shot. Like ????? Nothing really happens and it's just... Trash. I'm publishing it but there's no guarantees it'll stay up, I mean, I don't like it at all. I don't like writers block... Maybe when I write another one shot for this person in substitute for this trashy one shot I'll delete this one. Oh yeah, the other day I was talking to a friend and he was all like "people might want to see your face," or something like that and I was just like "no? They don't." But I don't know. Do you? Probably not.