Mind Games || Part Two (Pidge x Reader)

Pidge was very kind, especially under the circumstances of their meetings. For that, (y/n) could never in her right mind dislike the younger woman, no matter what. To be perfectly honest with herself, Pidge wasn't the first Paladin she had tried to contact. The red Paladin was the number one, however the connection was disrupted due to his unsteady emotions overtaking his actions. Yet, she could still feel the unconditional love for his family, the Alteans, and most of all, his teammates. Pidge had allowed entrance unconsciously, unlike the others who built their so-called walls up. With ease, the pilot of the green lion had managed to embrace the idea of having her spiritual energy transferred and slip into her memory and gain an understanding of what she was like. She truly was a sweet girl, that Pidge.

"Hey Pidge, I'm so happy..." She murmurs, head resting against the boy with brimming lime green skin who was getting colder and colder by day. "I'm so very happy to have met you..."

"(y/n)? Were you able to get help?" Huron, her Olkari little brother had asked.

His cold as ice fingertips tangled with hers and she let out a shaky exhale, revealing a small cloud of breath soon to follow. He had grown thinner without much to eat, the parka only doing so much to warm his frail body up. All she could do was nod in response, a weak grin forming on his face. Huron had tried his best, her beloved little brother would soon disappear into nothingness and become part of the world itself if nobody was able to get the two out. She didn't like the idea at all, waking cup and holding her brother close was the only thing that kept her fighting spirit so high. If Pidge was able to somehow fin them, then she wouldn't have to sacrifice her energy for her dear younger sibling. The (h/c) haired woman didn't want to wake up one day to a lonely, empty feeling. Losing her brother was out of the question. Not even in other universes will she simply abandon him, he was her everything.

"Huron, don't force yourself to talk, okay?" (y/n) whispers, stroking his head with her other hand that was wrapped around his shoulder. "I'll do everything I can to get you out."

He blinked, his amethyst hues glinting with anxiousness and he shakes his head as fast as he could move. He pulled his hand away slowly from hers, averting his gaze to his legs that he soon pulled closer to his chest, embracing them and into hiding.

"What's wrong, Huron?" the (h/c) haired female questions, hand placed on his shoulder.

"Don't be rash, (y/n). Or I'll-," he paused, interrupted by his rapid coughing that seemed to go on forever, "-I.. I'll never forgive you..."

She gasped, arms cradling the younger man in her arms quite like it was her last. She didn't want that. She squeezed his arms gently, his frail body matching the cold temperature. It was now or never, the decision that she had let her mind procrastinate over and over seemed to be the only way out of that isolated place. She had focused her energy into her mind, squeezing her eyes shut. It was as if her heart was being tugged at, the limp body that was once her brother made her lose focus. Quiznack! No, this couldn't be it for her brother. No, no, no.

"Huron?" She calls, eyelids still forced shut keep the freezing tears away, "Huron, answer me. Please."

It was no use. The sun that lifted her spirits every day had sank into eternal rest and the only way to bring him back would be to use her energy. It was weakening, spending so much time in that small cube prison drained it day by day, until there would be no more. That was it, it was no or never.

"Huron, I-," she pauses, grasping his chilly hand in hers, "I'll save you. So please, don't stay mad at me, okay?"

The glistening (e/c) irises that couldn't bear to look at the lifeless body of her beloved had let the flow of her tears enter his mind, all the memories of his replaying over and over like a broken record. She touches his forehead, lips gently placed there so her life force could enter his now hollow body. 'Oh please... Save my brother...' the very thought was the only thing that had whirled within her now worried mind.