Nightmares (Hunk x Reader!)

'H-huh? H-Hunk.... Where are you?' The female calls, the cold, small space pitch black as she shivers and pulls her legs closer to her chest. For the first time in a while, she felt lonely. The raven haired man was nowhere to be found, just (y/n) trapped somewhere. Where was somewhere exactly?

'Lance? Keith? P-Pidge? Shiro...' She calls, no answer. She finally stood up, the poor girl loathed dark rooms, especially since the one she was in gave her a sense someone was watching her intently. The sudden movement in the shadows caused her heart to leap, now running down the corridor, each step sending shivers down her spine. The floor was freezing, as if every time she took step, her foot touched an ice cube. Every now and then, the (h/c) haired woman looked behind her to check if the pursuer caught up to her miraculously. Then, she checked her surrounding for a place she could hide, perhaps it wasn't the best place to want to isolate herself from the aggressor.

She knew all too well that this was in fact a dream, so why won't her eyes open? Somewhere in her mind, she wanted to see how this mysterious event was to play out, what would happen to her, but she hated things like this. The nightmare could no longer be shut out, the black figure following her close behind by now. Finally breaking from her trance, she pushes forward, will this ever end? Her (h/c) hair bouncing as she escapes, stopping to catch her breath. It was hard to breath, the female panting as she puts her hands on her legs for support, standing up as she wipes the sweat that trickled down her forehead with the back of her hand.

There it was again; the amused laughter that caused her to quicken her pace. The never ending hallways cast the echo from each direction, she had no clue which way she was going, nor where she was going, but she ran. That's all she could possibly do.

~

Hunk let out a yawn, eyes glazed from the nap he took to pass the time the following evening. He went to bed early because Lance was going to do something unnecessary like always and he had no plans to be part his friends distorted amusement. After all, he always ended up regretting the idea when something terrible happened to the team, or him for that matter. He was wide awake, shifting his sleeping positions but couldn't get comfy at all. A sigh escaped the man's chapped lips as he threw his legs over the bed, stretching his arms to waken his boy more. It was midnight and he couldn't sleep. What a great idea he had, going to bed earlier than usual.

He blinked away the tear that formed in both eyes from the awakening, now standing on his feet. He thought about going for a walk, or practice on his own for once, perhaps even getting a nice cool drink of whatever they drank on this ship. Hunk made his way towards the door, twisting the knob as he left his comforting bed that kept him warm at night. He was left to his thoughts since the corridor was shadowed and hollow, almost like a haunted house. He shivers at that thought, he should stop thinking of such scary things at night, he was just like his girlfriend, (y/n), who didn't like terrifying things either.

He heard the sound of groaning, it was scary enough to make the tanned man jump from fear. He heard it again, the noise seemed to be coming from his girlfriend's room and he didn't think twice before hustling his way towards her call for aid. He was always worried for her, everyone knew that, even Lance left her alone after Hunk got a little jealous. Hunk made sure she knew he was coming in, knocking on the door before it slid open for him to see the woman restlessly rolling on her bed. He rushed to her side, the female was drenched in cold sweat, was she sick?! No, it couldn't be. The thought terrified him. He gently grasped her hand in his to ease her small calls for him, letting out a sigh as he saw her expression softens.

(Y/n)'s eyes flutter open, the colour drained from her cheeks as she smiles gently towards her lover, then sadden again before sitting up. She silently sobbed, tears rolling down her cheeks. Hunk blinked twice before sitting beside her on the bed, squeezing her hand gently, hoping she could gain his comfort and whatever courage he had from it. Hunk knew the feeling well, he used to cry after having a bad dream when he was a child. Maybe that's why he wanted to comfort her? He gently strokes her soft (h/c) hair, a smile forming on his kind features to show it was fine, that nothing would hurt her.

"Hunk, y-you weren't there.... N-nobody was," she said, shakily almost, "I-I was scared.."

Hunk merely nods, "well, I'm here now," he reassures, continuing the soft strokes on her head, "lay down, everything will be fine, (y/n)"

He wipes the tears off cheeks with his thumb, a gentle smile on his face as he comforts the female so she could feel safe once again. She gave a simple nod in response, laying down beside the figure that sat on her bedside.

"H-Hunk?" (Y/n) calls, changing her position so she could see his face more clearly, "you won't leave, will you?"

The man shook his head and nullified her worries, a small smile creeping on her precious face. Hunk couldn't handle that, his cheeks turning crimson at the sight of her lovely smile, his girlfriend was so cute he couldn't exactly hide anything, his feelings were like a canvas, so open to the world and to her.

"Um, can you sleep here tonight? I'm scared..." She murmurs, squeezing his hand back.

"Uh-huh," he says, shifting his legs as he lays on his side so he could see his girlfriend, he could feel her body temperature, her warm breath tickling his neck, the sound of her calm breathing, everything. It was at this moment, he was nervous of being so close and embarrassed for that, what would everyone think? No. Everyone didn't count, it was just him and (y/n) who would know about this. Instead of overthinking things like he usually did, he eased into the warmth of her body so close to his and wrapped his arms around her.

Her eyes closed, compared to him she looked so fragile and small in his embrace, his tense body erasing the feeling of nervousness by now. He could hear it; the small breath escaping her open mouth as she slept soundly, unafraid of the nightmare she just had. Soon, his eyes became too heavy to keep open, the calm atmosphere letting him drift off slowly.

------------------
Requested by @masked-mushroom !! Here it is!! I need a Hunk in my life. (This is the shortest one I've made, oh gosh) And another thing, requests are closed for now!! At least until I finish the ones I've received! I'll let you know when it will be open again! Thanks for requesting everyone!! (Thanks so much for being supportive of my writing too! It makes me so happy to hear that people like the way I write!)