Comfort (Lance x Depressed!Reader)

Lately, (y/n) felt like she didn't deserve Lance in any way. Lance was confident in his abilities and was also a very bright person, nothing like her. It was strange really, why did such a man want to date her in the first place? Was it because they were stuck in space and it was rare to see another female? Was it because they went to the same school before being thrown on a blue lion and launched into the oblivion? If so, then she felt like she was holding the man back somehow. She let a sigh escape her lips, (e/c) orbs scanning the bunk above her.

"Lance..." She says, softly, closing her eyes as she curls into a ball, "I'm sorry..."

She felt guilty, although she had no idea why. Lance could do better than her, he was attractive, kind and had many qualities she loved abou him, someone else deserved him, needed him more than she did. Her room was oddly cold and lonely, the silence filled the burning sensation of sadness within her, then she shifted her position to face the wall, another sigh of exhaustion slipping from her mouth. She couldn't sleep, no matter how much she wanted to, she just couldn't, her mind and rattled emotions wouldn't let her. It was probably midnight, no one seemed to be awake, after all, they all had a mission the following day. Shiro didn't let her go along, worried something might happen to the woman during the time frame.

"Dammit, Shiro..." She murmurs, eyes fluttering open, "I guess I'm useless too...."

She was really tired, body heavy and exhausted from the tough training the group had. How cruel, she couldn't sleep, this really was hell. A yawn managed its way out of her mouth, eyes watery as she wipes them away with her fingertips. Finally, she shifted her position, legs over the bed frame and arms folded over her chest in preparation to toughen out the floor that sent shivers down her back, then she stood up, attempting to stretch.

"Maybe... Going for a little walk will help," she mutters, slipping on slippers before touching the button to unlock her door and it slid open, showing a contemplating Lance before her, clearly deep in thought.

"Lance?" She calls, staring at the tanned man, his dark hues finally meeting hers.

"(Y/n)," he says, letting out a sigh of relief.

"W-Why are you here so late?" (Y/n) asks, hesitant, judt seeing him took away a little of her bittersweet feelings.

"You were being weird today," he states, sliding down the wall to sit on the flood, "cold..." He groans, dissatisfaction written all over his face.

"Lance... I'm-," she choked, sitting beside the man on the floor by now, "I'm... really sorry," she whispers, although she intended to say it louder than that.

"For what?" He asks, puzzled by the apology.

She couldn't take it anymore, why? Why would he choose her? There were much better choices out there... And yet, he chose her. The sadness officially drained her, a tear rolling down her temple as she wispes if away. Lance was bewildered, moving his body closer to hers, warmth radiating to her now freezing body, although she didn't care at thay moment. His hand brushed against her cheek, fingertips wiping away the tears that didn't seem to want to stop.

"(Y/n)..." Lance calls, softly, face softening, a tinge of sadness in those beautiful eyes of his.

"I-," she starts, averting her eyes away from his, "I'm sorry... I... don't deserve you,"

She could feel a hand touchinf her head, small soothing strokes thay caused her to look up at the man, his lips gently pressing against her forehead, a grin forming on his lips. She calmed down, though she still felt terrible. He continued to stroke her hair, his other head pull I g he closer to him.

"(Y/n)," he says, cheeky grin on his face as he winks at her, "you're the only one,"

A small giggle escaped her lips, a sigh of relief escaping his. "Are you okay now?" Lance asks, softly.

She nods, standing up from the cold tiled floor. Lance did the same, grasping her hand which causdd her to bounce towards him. He grinned, holding her close to his chest, sliding his thumb against her temple to sooth her once more, face etching closer to hers, then his lips gently pressed against hers. Stunned, the female's eyes saddened, although a smile forms as she kissed him back. Her eyes flutter open, Lance smirking.

"I missed earlier," was all he said.

"L-Lance, oh my god," she says, covering her mouth from embarrassment.

"Remember, (y/n)," Lance starts, "I love you,"

With that, he turns around and walks away, wearing his blue lion slippers and Pyjamas like he just woke up to get a snack. That's right, they loved each other.... Another giggle escaped her lips, the feeling of sadness and loneliness completely gone because of him. She walks back into the room she left, locking it once more before sitting at the edge of he bed, the smile of hers never leaving her face. She lay down, closing her eyes. Great, now she was too happy to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Requested by Feline-girl-2000 !! Um, I hope this is what you meant by broken, otherwise... oops. I was literally thinking broken, then I thought maybe not. I'm not sure though... I really, really love Lance, aaaaaaahhh!! Anyway, 30k!?! Holy Fu-Why. Oh my, I feel like I got to step up my game. *tries to write but cannot* I'm shit at updating, sorry... I'll try to update more often though, before summer is over. Is it just me, or did it go by was waaaay too quickly? I have school soon, ugh. It's now 10:39pm, I'm going to bed. Goodnight! Please tell me if I made any mistakes, I'm super tired and don't care right now.

Oh, I got into Overwatch and holy damn do I love Mei and Tracer. My wifes. And McCree is my husband.