Best friends (Platonic!Lance x Chip (OC))

Dedicated to my favourite loser chipcx01 because he has no clear idea what a one shot is. Also, I'm using his one and only oc, the lovely Chip!!

 Also, I'm using his  one and only oc, the lovely Chip!!

(BLAKE, JUST HEAR ME OUT. SPACE. BEAUTIFUL ALTEANS. HUMANS WHO OPERATE A GIANT ROBOT CALLED VOLTRON. PEW PEW~. DONT EVER FORGET SPACE DORKS. BIG CASLTE. LIONESSES. GALRANS AKA REALLY COOL BAD GUYS. PIDGE MY CUTE LIL MUFFIN. SPACE DAD. DUDE, YOU'D SHIP KLANCE TOO. AND HUNK, DUDE HE'S BOMB AF. I LOVE HIM.)
_____________________________________________________

Chip let another sigh escape the chapped lips of his, fingers grazing through his chocolate brown hair to signify his stress that built up fairly quickly. What a day it was for him indeed. He didn't even make it to his room, instead plopping down on the sofa in the barracks, head resting on the absolutely nothing. His honey coloured hues traced the squared ceiling more than once, lips parting so he could inhale aid exhale more naturally and finally, he closed his eyes, feet repeatedly tapping the end of the sofa in anticipation. For what exactly? He wasn't sure either. He was eager. With the sudden tap of his nose with something cold, his eyes dart open to find non other than Lance McClain, a grin plastered on his face as he held a cup in his hand.

"Hey, I brought you a drink," Lance says, setting the cup down and taking a seat next to chip. He let a sigh escape. "Man, that was pretty tough,"

"Yeah," was all chip managed, shuffling into a sitting position, "I'm exhausted,"

Lance leaned back onto the couch but he stifled a laugh, hands behind his back as his head turned so he could see Chip better. He groaned, closing his eyes, man did Lance look exhausted. Even he had those days... Chip shook off the thought immediately. Of course he had those days, he was human after all. Ugh, what was he even thinking about. The brunette leaned forward, extending his arm to reach for the cup Lance had brought him. Oh, it was green liquid. Chip wasn't completely used to having everything edible green, maybe when he gets home, Earth, his mother planet, he'd stop liking that colour. After all, that's all they seemed to have. Oh well. It could've been worse.

"Hey.... Lance," Chip calls, alert of the man's presence, "do you think... We'll ever get home?"

Lance let a sigh escape, eyes fluttering open, he was still positioned the same way but it was as if his eyes were elsewhere, more far and distant. He cracked a wry smile, eyes averting towards Chip as he nods and hums a 'yeah, of course Chip, Allura said so,' before shifting his sitting position. He sat straight, his facial features expressing his empathy for the brunette. It wasn't too long before Chip pulled his legs close to his chest, staring at his olive coloured skin and remembering earth itself. He missed the smell of his mother's homemade stew, his siblings giggling at something stupid they watched on television the day before, the scent of his crush Tristan's cologne, the sound of his music blasting in his now empty room, everything.