Fateful Meetings (Lance x Reader!)

A lifespan of never knowing where they were was something that become unusually normal in their everyday life. The places visited before were a blur, quite like a dream that slowly drifted from memory as they awoke. Only the feelings lingered, their eyes fluttering open to reveal nothingness, a pitch black place, reminding them of a void that was once their own home. A sigh of exasperation escapes their lips, time wasn't real at all perhaps. Occasionally, they could see visions of what were to happen next, however couldn't change what happened.

"What do you think your doing, Lance?"

The stern female voice sends shivers down their spine, although they couldn't help but crack a wry smile, eyes fluttering closed again as Lance replies with a small chuckle. It was truly beautiful, his foolishness was something they yearned for. At that moment, an alarm was set off, the roar of the system startling their very being. They took a shaky breath, searching for a way to escape the premises before they were captured like last time.

"Who's there?"

They couldn't muster up any courage to answer the young man, instead they inhaled and exhaled, closing their eyes and praying that they'd disappear with time. The sudden ticking caused their eyes to open, this happened often for them. It was unclear of what the countdown was for, so all they were to do was search for a way to get out.

'30 ticks'

Hesitant, they manage to push themselves upwards, ready to crawl through what felt like an enclosed vent, wondering what route they should take.

"Answer me."

Their location was now evident to the perusers.

'27 ticks'

Without thinking, (y/n) readies for whatever was to happen next. Time was unpredictable for them, the so called gift that brought them nothing but trouble hitting twenty-three ticks. They were frozen still, fear bubbling within them as they prepare for the worst.

'21 ticks...'

"Remember to always breathe, (y/n). You can't change fate after all."

Their mother's words had never left them, although they could never quite recall the face of the wise woman that raised them. 'Eighteen ticks' they blink, taking in the gruesome air of the vent, praying that they make it alive.

'14 ticks... 13... 12...'

"Why are you here?"

'11... 10...'

"Ah, I-,"

The voice of their went mute, soft reply not receiving an answer from the other person. Instead, they could hear him exhale loudly, as if to relieve some sort of stress. Four ticks had gone by, time cutting shorter and shorter, causing a surge of butterflies to release inside their stomach, heartbeat quickening. Something was going to happen.

'5 ticks... 4 ticks...'

The sound of people shuffling through the corridors echoes, somewhere in the distant they were being sought.

'2 ticks...'

Another shaky breath escapes their lips and then, without warning the metal made a roaring noise. It was going to collapse.