Mind Games || Part Two (Pidge x Reader)

Start from the beginning

______________________________________________________

Pidge had felt the absence of (y/n) immediately, even if she had endless possibilities of what could happen to the (h/c) haired female, all she could do was search and pray. She inhales, then exhales, repeating the process in hopes that it'll help even a little bit with her riled nerves. It was hard to shake off once the anxiety kicked in and, in the end, her breathing exercises were deemed as useless. Can things really get any worse? At least they weren't yet on the Galra's radar. Or so, she would like to assume. As much as she hated to admit it, there were things that even she couldn't predict, the Galra were sneaky.

"I'm sorry..."

The sudden soft voice had resonated throughout her mind, playing like a song on repeat, and she hated it. Why did things happen like this? Why were they sealing away (y/n) like that in the first place, not to mention the people that were most important to her. Something seemed fishy indeed.

"Pidge?" Matt, her brother. He worried so much, it was annoying sometimes.

"Hey." Was all she could think to say. "Was just thinking about the Galra again."

"Pidge, my little sis." He repeats, taking a seat next to the shorter Holt. "She's a nice girl, huh?"

The brisk moment those words escaped his stupid lips, Pidge's face was flushed pink knowing all too well who he was talking about. The sudden realization that he was watching over through monitors seemed to click, which would also mean he knew. The vivid memory and the feeling of a pair of lips pressing against hers resurfaced, causing a surge of butteries to erupt within her stomach. He knew too much. Of course, her brother came to tease her, a small chuckle accompanying his pleased expression and she buried her face into the pillow.

"Hunk and I were able to locate a distress signal." He starts, and Pidge quickly shoots up into a sitting position, "The thing is, we're not sure if we should take a chance to see if it's her."

"What do you mean?" Pidge asks, throwing her legs over the bed frame to stand up. "It has to be her."

"Well-," her brother pauses, averting his gaze towards the door, "never mind. I'll meet you in the green lion, there's something I need to do first."

She nods, getting into the standing position. She knew it wouldn't be easy, nothing ever was. Inhaling, then proceeding to exhale, her adrenaline rush had gotten even higher. Pidge hoped that the older woman didn't go that route, otherwise she wasn't sure what to do. Their meeting was supposed to be sweet, which would then bring them closer as not only friends, but perhaps something more in the future. Wait, what was she thinking? Groaning, the sandy brunette sprints down the corridor towards the barricades, where the tunnel would lead to the green lion that had helped her so many times.

'Here I come, (y/n). Just wait for me...' with that very thought kept safely and locked away within her mind, Pidge grips onto the handle bars and swiftly glides down the zip line.

__________________________________________________

"Pidge, there are too many of them. It's too dangerous!" Shiro shouts, of course Pidge knew that already, but she couldn't just abort the mission.

"I know." She responds, clenching onto the steering wheel and watching the screens intently. "Shiro, please, let me do this."

The silence that soon followed shortly was filled with tension and she did pity the black Paladin for a moment, after all he did oversee the decision to the end. After careful consideration, Shiro had agreed with reluctance. A simple 'Fine.' Was more than enough and she was grateful.