His hands came over hers, holding her closely to him, leaning his back, taking warmth from her presence. They stayed like this for a long time. Giving strength to each other, being there for each other.

 Giving strength to each other, being there for each other

Of course, Gauri knew that Omkaraji wasn't his father. Omkaraji was a honest, selfless man, and one thing he would never do is cheat someone. Sultana might say whatever she wants, but if there was something Omkaraji wasn't, it was his father, Omkaraji wasn't his father.

Gauri wanted to tell this to him, but before she could, her phone rang. She withdrew herself from Omkaraji, and saw that it was her private tutor. 

"This is important Omkaraji, I'm s.." Gauri started, but Omkara cut her off, "No, no, take it." 

He didn't turn, so Gauri couldn't see the disappointment in his eyes, when she left his room.

****************************************

Jahnvi was concerned for Om, her delicate son, at what he heard in the recording room, so she went to check on him, but someone was already there. 

She saw Gauri hugging Omkara from behind, and her son actually responding to it. 

Here, she finally had some proof, that she had not imagined feelings between them. Now, she had something solid to counter Tej, if he decided to oppose their union. 

She went back to her room, to find a demure Tej, sitting on the bed.

"I am a pathetic man, Jahnvi. You know all that girl said, its true. Svetlana or no outside force could hurt my family, because I hurt them the most. I saw my son like a pawn, she put it correctly, and I am actually the biggest culprit in this entire thing" said Tej.

Jahnvi agreed with him, privately, but she didn't voice it out. She just sat down next to him. 

"Do you think I am at fault with Svetlana too? Not her father, that was a misunderstanding, but you know.....using her?" asked Tej.

"You want an honest answer, Tej?" said Jahnvi, softly. 

"Don't say it, I know it. Svetlana wanted revenge, she was an outsider, but I was the greater culprit, because I was your own, and I hurt you" said Tej. 

"Maybe you can....I don't know, make reparations" said Jahnvi. 

"Hmm, maybe I can. On a different note, I heard that girl bargaining with Svetlana. She clearly knew what buttons to push, but business is different ball game. That girl will need way more practice and skill to work in the business" said Tej.

"That means you agree that she can make it?" asked Jahnvi surprised to hear the note of approval in Tej's voice. 

"Maybe. After Soumya's departure, when things quieten down a bit, maybe we can work on bringing her up to scratch" mused Tej. 

"But I am not doing it out of any generosity or gratitude towards the girl, though I should feel grateful. I'm doing it because I saw fear in Om's eyes, when Svetlana told the girl not to trust him. For a moment, he was scared that the girl would believe Svetlana. He was scared of losing her. Thats a battle I've already lost. So, if she is to be part of my family in future, she will have to be ready for it" said Tej. 

"Nice of you to say that. And better to recognize the emotion in your son's eyes. It will best though, if you accept that your son doesn't really care for what you think" remarked Jahnvi.

"Not now, Jahnvi" said Tej.

************************************************

"So, how was it?" asked Rudra, as Soumya returned early next morning.

"It was strange. I never bothered with Tia, and definitely not Svetlana, when they were here in the mansion. Now that I'm getting to know them, its a strange feeling. Tia is actually nice, and Svetlana, well, she is different" said Soumya, as she put away her night bag in her cupboard. 

"Rudra, you....what did you think of Gauri bhaabhi's words in the prison room?" asked Soumya cautiously. 

"She was right, wasn't she? Our family was pretty much broken, it was just us brothers, Prinku and Dadi, the elders always kept fighting amongst themselves. Honestly, I was the luckiest. Shivaay bhaiyaa and O had to bear the worst of it, and poor Prinku has a nervous condition. I had a good life, even with more or less absentee parents. And now I have a better life, with the most sensible fiancee on the planet" said Rudra, putting his arms around Soumya.

Soumya giggled. 

"Tia Di would be coming for the engagement, do you think it will look suspicious?" asked Soumya.

"No. We'll just tell Shivaay bhaiyaa that we met her accidentally in a restaurant, and since she read about our engagement on social media, we thought it polite to invite her. You more than me, because he knows that I'm not that polite" said Rudra, smiling. 

"Rudra, you didn't mind Gauri's bhaabhi's words, and I think Jahnvi aunty didn't either. But do you think Bade baal vaale bhaiyaa would hate what Svetlana said about Oberoi men? I swear, I chided her a lot later, but she told me she couldn't resist taking a dig when she knew they were listening to her outside. I'm sorry, Rudra" said Soumya.

Rudra scowled and said, "Well, its Svetlana, what more can be expected of her? You don't have to apologize for her. O....I think O was scared that Gauri bhaabhi would pay attention to Svetlana, at least that's what I saw in his eyes, when he heard her, but I don't think Gauri bhaabhi is that foolish. By the way, I just remembered, you don't mind bhaabhi slapping your sister, right?" 

"No, considering Gauri bhaabhi was acting in self-defense" said Soumya.

"Good, then I can congratulate her on the thundering slap yesterday with a lighter heart" said Rudra, appreciatively. 

Soumya scowled.

"Anyways, tomorrow is our Roka, I'm so excited" said Rudra enthusiastically.

Soumya chuckled, and hugged Rudra properly. 

P.S. Since we never got a Rikara hug like the one in this chapter, we can make do with this. Just imagine them sad lol.