"You sound like tyler" ch 38

Hannah's POV

•••

Once we got to the café, Jacob sat down and talked about what happened.

"So i like, so i got beat up by this kid. And like the story behind it is weird...." He explained.

I excused myself for a second, and walked up to one of the waitresses.

"Hi, i was wondering if we could get some ice or something? Like in a baggie?" I asked her. Her blonde hair swished as she nodded, "Right away ma'am." She politely answered.

I noticed Jacob still telling the story, and Grace were occasionally nodding. I just kinda assumed i should stay here to wait for the waitress to come back. I watched her come out of the kitchen, the door swinging behind her. She quickly handed me the ice, and i thanked her.

I took my seat back at the small table, handing the ice to Jacob so he could put it on his face.

"But, when we were there, what happened was that Adam had left, he literally left the building. I guess he thought he would get caught... Bu-" Avery cut him off.

"Wait.. Adam who...?" She asked, slowly. She looked kinda pale, and she dropped her spoon back into the bowl of soup she was eating.

"Adam Parker, why?" He answered.

Avery's jaw dropped open, along with Graces.

She gasped and turned to Avery slowly.

"What?" I asked, and Grace snapped her head at me.

"No, no no no, Adam wouldn't do that. I know he wouldn't." She quickly spoke. I could see she was just shaking her head, and Grace looked like she was going to throw up.

"What is happening?!" I yelled , making many of the tables who were surrounding us turn.

"Adam is my boyfriend. I've been dating him almost a year, since the beginning of this year. Since January. I've known him almost a year, he would never do that." She stated and Jacob gasped.

"What? Why didn't you tell me?!" He yelled, and placed his drink down on the table.

"Because it's none of your fucking business, and you're a fucking liar anyways!" She yelled, picking her phone up from the table and storming out of the cafe.

"Avery, wait! " i yelled, going after her.

"No, get away from me , Hannah." She yelled back, rounding the corner of the building.

"Avery, get back here!" I yelled, and she took off running.

Good think i did track in high school.

Joking, obviously.

I ran to catch up to her, past people, buildings and cars.

She crossed the street, and began sprinting towards the house.

"Avery you can't run all the way home! It's too far!" I yelled, slowing down.

She didn't answer, she just kept going.

I sighed, leaning against the wall.

I watched her round another corner, and she was gone.

Or so i thought.

I remembered that one of the only shortcuts i knew was the one that leaded from our house to town, because it's what i use to get places so fast.

I caught my breath for a second, then began to run once again, hoping to get home before Avery.