authors pov ch 28

authors POV

•••

Hannah walked through the seemingly cold halls in the troyler house, drawing with her finger.

She didn't understand , why did she have to be like this?

She felt empty, hollow.

Why couldn't she just be normal. straight , good grades , and no illnesses.

She waited until the door downstairs slammed, signaling Grace had left.

She was alone.

"I want to make my own music" Hannah thought to herself.

She traveled into Tyler and Troyes room, finding the mic attached to Troye's laptop.

She shuffled her feet on the carpet for warmth now it was still beginning to feel cold. The shuffling continued to her and Grace's shared room. She plugged the mic into her laptop, and waited for it to turn on.

" stay for tonight,

if you want to,

I can show you what my dreams are made of.

cause I'm dreaming of your face,

I've been away for a long time ,

such a long time and i miss you , yeah,

I can't imagine being anywhere else, i can't imagine bein anywhere else but here. "

Before thinking , the lyrics to 'scene one - James Dean and Audrey Hepburn" by sleeping with sirens flowed out.

"they say that love is forever,

your forever is all that i need,

please stay as long as you need ,

can't promise that things won't be broken,

but i swear that i will never leave ,

please stay forever with me ."

Something downstairs crashed, and she jumped.

she stopped singing , and shut her laptop.

She heard footsteps, and got up, and ran straight for the first thing she saw, her closet.

She grabbed the loose pole used for clothes, and held it like a bat.

nothing happened, so she slowly climbed out.

Her breath picked up as she crept down the hall.

She looked carefully into Avery's room, and Troye and Tyler's .

then the bathroom, still nothing.

Whoever it was was downstairs.

She moved as lightly as possible down the carpeted steps, and slowly looked around.

she hadn't made any sound, and was impressed she was doing this good, but she was also slightly scared she was going to get murdered.

She always knew if anything like this were to happen she would just get out of the house and call the police, but she didn't want to.

She wanted the edge.

She peered around the corner, her blonde hair slipping in front of her face.

She saw someone, black hoodie in the middle of the fucking day, snooping around the kitchen.

She pulled her head back, trying not to be seen.

She could feel her heart racing as she crept down the hall and out the door. The one thing she wasnt expecting was for the door to slam, and for her only option to be to run as far away as possible and call 911.

She hid behind a bush in her neighbors front yard, and dialed.

"911 what is your emergency?"

"Hi, um i was just in my house and i heard a bang and looked downstairs and someone's down there."

"Miss , are you outside? "

"Yeah, that was my first instinct "

"Okay, is anyone else inside the house?"

"No, no one else is home ."

"Okay , address ?"

She got up, and ran her way to the o2l house , which wasn't too hard, considering they were neighbors , and opened the door, inviting herself in.

"What the fuck- hannah?" Jc exclaimed, his popcorn that was once resting in his lap turned over , making a great blanket.

"Jc, the police are coming , there's someone in the house."

"Mine?" Jc hopped up, and Hannah shook her head.

"No, mine. ."

•••

Once the police had arrested the man, who was a student at their college, and Grace and Avery and Tyler and Troye were forced home, they decided all together on installing an alarm system.

"It's the safest thing, excpecially with Avery living with us now." Tyler had explained.

Hannah had met with the private investigator, who said he would work on finding Avery's parents, but he also said that it was 100% legal for her to live with them as long as she was in the correct living environment.

He said if they were honest, they could legally adopt her, not even as a child.

But just as a housemate, or a sister.

She had to go to school though, so the next day they enrolled her.

But it wasn't until early one morning, there was a knock at the door that Tyler answered , that they realized they would have to fight.

•••

what