"ily" ch 27

guys, quick note first, i love all of you so much, thank you. this is the last update before i hit 10k reads, bc every update i gain like three hundred.

if you've read at least this far, thank you so much, it means a lot. I've tried writing before and I've never been good at it. i have really good ideas, i think at least, but i can never execute them how i want bc I'm such a shitty writer, but just thank you so much for sticking along this far, and i promise you eh story will continue to improve, and i will become better at writing.

i appreciate it , and thank you for 10k reads 😊 ily guys.

Anyways, here's the suprise sorta early kinda unnesasarily close together update because i wanted to say thanks , enjoy ?

•••

Graces POV

•••

I breathed in, and felt the smoke in my lungs.

I swayed involuntarily to the music ,

"If you like your coffee hot

Let me be your coffee pot

You call the shots babe

I just wanna be yours

Secrets I have held in my heart

Are harder to hide than I thought

Maybe I just wanna be yours

I wanna be yours, I wanna be yours

Wanna be yours, wanna be yours,

wanna be yours."

Hannah laughed next to me, and i smiled.

I pulled the joint from my lips, and got up.

Troye laid his head in Hannah's lap, and i stared out the window.

I pulled my bra strap back up, over my shoulder, and stared at the pool.

"I wanna go in."

I put the joint between my teeth, and pulled Hannah by her hand, down the stairs, and outside.

I got to the pool, and slowly walked in.

When i got high, i got so chill, i could be-

No, i am

Lana del fucking Rey.

I didn't even want to go swimming anymore, so i just laid on the concrete around the pool.

Chill

•••

Hannah's POV

•••

Avery had been with Zoe, who insisted on taking her to Disney, obviously not my idea.

I pulled myself up from Troyes body, and slowly made my way downstairs.

Grace was still outside, and had fallen asleep a while ago, where i left her.

Troye and Grace were smoking i didn't really care.

Tyler was in michigan with his mom, so we told Troye we would stay with him a few days.

I had no idea that troye even knew what weed was, nevermind owned any.

At this point, you could get high off the air, and i got dizzy, and had to lean on the counter.

Troye came down the stairs, eyes still slightly glazed over.

"Fuck."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Okay."

I went outside, and decided to check on Grace, but she was awake.

"Damn , how long was i asleep?"

"Like three hours. ".

I pulled the sliding doors open all the way, the whole wall of them.

The windows, front door, and definitely the balcony in Tyler and Troyes bedroom were open to air out before Avery got back.

I still hadn't figured out what we were going to do with her, she had been living with us for three days now.

I know i didn't want her in the system, she couldn't be in foster care.

I know a lot of people who have been through foster care, and it's not even care, it's hell.

I asked her if she had any relatives close by, but the closest are in boston.

I didn't know what to do, and i was honestly really scared.

The doorbell rang, and i cursed under my breath, you could still smell the weed.

I grabbed every candle in sight, lighting it, and spraying air freshener.

"COMING!!!"

I fast walked to the door, and opened it, seeing Avery and Zoe, and regretted ever decision I've ever made in my life as i looked down at my clothes, realizing i was in a sports bra and fluffy shorts.

Zoe's eyes widened, and i grabbed Avery's hand, pulling her inside and then shutting the door in Zoes face.

"So how was Disney ?"

•••

I don't think avery was able to tell the smell of the weed, i think we were fine.

I was searching with her to find her aunt with no luck.

She was up in her temporary bedroom at the troyler household, while i was talking to a private investigator on the phone.

I didn't know if these people even did things like that, but I've seen it in movies.

"Hi, so i was trying to find my aunt, and she uh, lives i think in California. I don't know how to find her ." I lied.

"Well , Avery, one of the things we can do for you is try to find your aunt, but once we do , she may not offer her contact information. "

I nodded, then realized he couldn't see me. "Yeah."

"I can meet with you at like a Starbucks or something tomorrow", i heard pages flipping "at two."

He hung up, and i looked to Avery, and she didn't say anything.

I winced at the sudden contact when she hugged me, pushing her bodyweight onto my hip.

I hugged her back even though it hurt.

"I love you Hannah."

"I love you Avery."

•••