Putnam Party

On the Putnam party night, Veronica and Betty went round to get ready with Sophia. As they all did their make-up and hair, the two girls took the time for a classic B&V caper, on this occasion, an intervention of sorts.

"Sophia. What happened at the trailer park party must've been scary." Betty said.

"It was a bit." Sophia agreed.

"We just wanted to ask, what is it that makes you want to get with different guys all the time?" Veronica asked.

"I don't know." Sophia shrugged. "I guess I got so used to it back in England. It became my normal day to day life. It was the only thing I've ever been good at."

"Soph, that's not true at all. You're good at so many things. We know that and we haven't known you long." Betty said.

"I think you should tell the boys." Veronica squeezed Sophia's shoulder. "Because they'll be keeping an eye out for you anyway, so if you let them know they'll know not to worry too much."

"Yeah, you're right." Sophia nodded. "I'll tell them later on."

The girls all got dressed up, Veronica and Sophia had managed to convince Betty to wear a dress a little out of her comfort zone. It was a black skater dress with a crossed back. Veronica was in a navy blue off the shoulder dress, and Sophia was in a khaki green strapless bodycon one. They took photos before going downstairs to the party, where a lot of the others had already arrived. The boys were all stood around the drinks table.

"Looking good, you three." Fangs said.

"Thanks, guys." They all said. Veronica nudged Sophia.

"I just wanted to thank you all for the night at Thornhill. With that Frankie guy. You guys didn't have to help and you did, and I really appreciate it." Sophia said. "I have an issue where I'm constantly looking for reassurance from basically every guy I meet, and a lot of that lies with being told that sex was the only thing I was good for back in England. I just came to believe that after a while, I guess. So, thank you for helping me back there, but I'm okay now. No need to be on watch or anything."

"Soph, we would've done it for you no matter what." Jughead said. 

"Yeah, Bulldogs, Serpents, it doesn't matter. You're our friend." Archie said.

Sophia smiled and they all got drinks, getting the party started for real. Lots more people turned up, including Josie, Cheryl and Toni, and all the girls were dancing together in the middle of the lounge.

A few hours later, they had pretty much all reconvened near the drinks table.

"Tom, we need a girl group picture. Take it for us?" Cheryl asked.

"Someone give me your phone, then." Tom said.

Sophia handed hers over and the girls all got together in a pose for the photos. They then rallied the rest of the group up, and got someone else at the party to take a few photos of them all together. Jughead, Archie and Sweet Pea were sat on the sofa, Chuck, Reggie, Kevin and Moose stood behind, with Tom and Josie next to one arm, and Cheryl and Toni at the other, Betty, Veronica and Sophia sitting on the boys on the sofa's laps, and Fangs laid across them. While a lot of the others got up to get a drink or dance, Sophia stayed sat on Sweet Pea's lap, looking at the photos.

"I genuinely am so happy that we moved back to Riverdale. I love everyone so much," she said.

"They're good photos." Sweet Pea said. "We especially look great."

"Well, duh." Soph laughed. She looked closer at them both on the screen, both smiling widely, a faint blush on her cheeks as Sweet Pea's arms wrapped around her waist, his head on her shoulder.

"Soph, can we talk in private? Maybe upstairs?" He asked, suddenly serious.

"Of course. Let's go to my room." She stood up.

"Where are they off to?" Toni noticed the two of them going upstairs hand-in-hand.

"Ooh, a cheeky mid-party rendezvous, perhaps?" Veronica suggested.

Fangs shook his head. "Doubt it. Sweet Pea won't do that." 

"Won't do what? Fuck one of the hottest girls we know?" Reggie asked.

"Fuck Sophia. At least, not like the rest of you." Fangs said.

"What are you saying, Fangs?" Kevin asked.

"He likes her a lot. Ever since she came to Riverdale and he found out they were childhood friends, he was telling me how much he cared about her. And now that they've spent a lot of time together, he really likes her." Fangs said.

"Why didn't you tell any of us?" Cheryl asked.

"Sweet Pea doesn't like feelings. But with Soph he's finding it harder and harder to hide them." Fangs said.

"Do we think Sophia feels the same?" Veronica asked.

"I do." Toni nodded. "She loves being around him."

"And they've kissed a couple of times." Archie said.

"THEY'VE DONE WHAT?!" Kevin and the girls asked.

"Sophia and I were chatting about the people she's kissed and whatever recently. She and Sweet Pea kissed a couple times. First when she found out about the accident, apparently it was a thank you for saving her life. Then, when Sophia told Sweet Pea about her plans for turning Thornhill into a new trailer park for the Serpents, he was so excited he kissed her." Archie explained.

"Now that he never told me about." Fangs said.

"So, now what? Do we try get them together?" Reggie asked.

Everyone shrugged, erupting into different conversations about what could happen.