Soumya chuckled.

"You don't have to cover up. Tia Di herself referred to the Lady Baba thing, I don't think she minds. Anyways, so she told me....quite a bit of things" said Soumya, hesitantly.

"I am all ears, that is, if you feel like sharing it with me" said Rudra.

Soumya nodded, and told him about her conversation with Tia.

"Hmm, I actually....don't know what I'm supposed to feel about this. Sumo, I can't pretend, I hate Svetlana, maybe not as much as O, because he saw our mother's suffering most acutely, but you know....you know what all she did" said Rudra.

Soumya nodded sadly. 

"But...Sumo I also recognize the fact that my Dad is halfway responsible for all that happened. He was no kid who was cuckolded by Svetlana, he was a grown man, much older than her, who should have known what he was getting into, causing my mother so much pain, hurting his kids, embarrassing his family. If I can let go of my anger and hurt against him, then it would be hypocritical of me to paint Svetlana as the villain. Just.....just give me time to think about all this" said Rudra.

"Thanks for being so understanding, not just with regards to your father, or my biological sister, but simply, for not putting all the blame on the female" said Soumya.

"Its all you, Soumya. You were the one who taught me how to not be a misogynist" said Rudra.

Soumya hugged him, and he hugged back.

*******************************************

A staff member informed Gauri, that Dadi wanted to see her.

So, Gauri hurriedly went to meet Dadi, early in the morning.

"Dadi aapne bulaayaa? Kuch huya hai kaa?" (Dadi, you called me? Has something happened?) asked Gauri.

Just as Dadi opened her mouth to answer, Omkara entered as well. He looked a bit taken aback to see Gauri there.

"You called me, Dadi?" he asked. 

Gauri was surprised that Omkaraji was up at this early hour, especially when he didn't have office to go to, but painted at home or his art studio somewhere.

"Yes. Its been almost four days since you both brought back that idol of Shiv and Parvati. I spoke to Maithili, and she was very happy with you both. She is under the impression, that you are married though. I didn't clear that misunderstanding" said Dadi, pausing. 

Omkara and Gauri felt extremely self-conscious. 

Om, because he rarely, if ever lied, and Gauri because she just realized how Dadi might think about her: a girl who vehemently denied her fake marriage with Omkaraji, happily pretended to be his wife in Kolhapur. After all, Gauri was only Annika's sister, a guest in this house, what kind of impression was she creating here? 

Dadi did not pursue that line of discussion.

"I don't know whether you know, but we need to establish that idol properly in our house. Tomorrow when Panditji comes to fix Rudra and Soumya' engagement date, I will ask him about conducting a pooja to establish that idol in our house as well. That idol is very auspicious. I remember how it brought our family good luck, but this time I have to make sure that I return it on time, otherwise Maithili will be offended again. Don't want that to happen. Anyways, why I called you both here is, that since you both brought that idol back to this house, it is only right that you should do the pooja to establish it" said Dadi.

"No, no Dadi, how can we? When all the elders are there? When Bade bhaiyaa and Jiji are there?" said Gauri, surprised that Dadi would suggest so. 

"They are there, but they didn't fight the crowd who threatened Maithili's fest. I love my sons and grandsons, but only my Om, is the sensible man who would have melted Maihthili's resolve, and only your devotion and faith, Gauri, would convince her to entrust the idol to us once again. It is the just thing to do that you both should do that pooja. And I will hear no arguments" said Dadi, shushing any opposition that might have come from Om and Gauri. 

They both left the room after Dadi dismissed them subtly. 

Omkara sneaked a glance at Gauri in the corridor. This was the first time since their altercation on Monday that he was sort of alone with her. She looked unhappy, almost morose. 

"Gauri, listen....if you don't want to sit in the pooja with me, its fine, I'll tell Mom to talk to Dadi and explain to her...I'll..." said Omkara.

"No, its not about you, Omkaraji, its just....I think too much and too far" said Gauri, sighing.

"Too far?" asked Omkara

"I was just thinking that I got so attached to that idol so soon....and next year it will be leaving us again to go back to Maithili Dadi, like it should of course. I was missing it already. But then, in any case, I won't be here next year, so I shouldn't think so...." Gauri was cut off by Omkara, who held her elbow to make her stop and look up at him.

"What....what do you mean, you won't be here next year?" said Omkara, a slightly wild look coming in his eyes.

"I mean...I am glad I found Annika Jiji, and I am lucky that this family accepted me even before any of us knew that I am her younger sister, but I can't live here forever, Omkaraji. Its my sister's sasuraal (in-laws place), it would be embarrassing to live here for very long, even though Annika Jiji and I might have a lifetime to catch up with" said Gauri. 

"Embarrassing? Gauri, its the twenty first century, no one cares about these things, this sasuraal and all" said Omkara irritated.

"But I am from a small city where all this still matters, Omkaraji, I am sorry, I can't forgo my upbringing to suit my whims and fancies" said Gauri, and freed her elbow from Omkara's hold. 

"I didn't mean to offend you, Gauri, and I don't want you to change, ever. I understand that you can't live in your sister's place forever. But you said this family is your own, my mother loves you like her own, Shivaay loves you like his sister, Dadi, Rudra, Soumya, Prinku, they all care for you, I can't...." but Omkara stopped there. 

Gauri looked at him suspiciously hoping he would continue, but he didn't. 

"I have to go for work. I'll see you later, Omkaraji" said Gauri.

As Omkara saw Gauri leaving, his frustration at the whole thing, the entire situation just became too unbearable. He punched the corridor wall in his anger, and then stomped off to his room.

Tej was in a hurry to meet his mother over something important, when he caught Om and Gauri having a serious conversation, and stopped to observe them. 

He didn't catch the words, but seeing his son rage at the wall, after Gauri left, was enough signal for him to know that his son's personal life was in turmoil. 

Jahnvi was right, if his son was suffering today, it was because of his past mistakes. 

He must do something, try and talk to Omkara, to help out his son.