Chapter 1

"I'm Katie," I replied after a woman in short red dress asked me while her hand holding the glass of wine, perhaps, gracefully.

"I'm Alicia," she answered my unspoken question.

"Nice to meet you," I replied.

"Nice to meet you, my darling." She then leaned closer. "What a gloom choice of dress, new meat," she said.

"Pardon?" I looked at her weirdly.

"Ladies here try their best as possible to attract the customers by wearing something attractive and sexy. But you, wearing that knee-length black dress. You wanna go to the religious party or something?" then, she sipped the drink. I did not know if it's making her drunk but I bet it was. I just laughed by hearing her statement although it offended me a little.

"Be careful," she added. I gave her a weird look. "Don't try to run away or else, Car.."

"Alicia, your customer is ready!" someone yelled.

"Have fun, darling!" She kissed me on my cheek before leaving. I grinned before someone called on me.

-

"I'm Katie," I introduced myself nervously in front of several enormous guys who I could assume as gangsters probably with tattoos all over their body and shoulder. I gulped, got a butterfly in the stomach as one of them, might be the leader, approached me. He walked in circular surrounding me maybe to evaluate how I looked. God, for a second I regretted doing this job. After a while, the 'leader' stood in front of me and I immediately put my head down for a sign of respect.

"Well, this is not the way you should dress. Tell me, how do I got money if you dress so decent like this? How you will gain a customer?" he got mad and I continued to look down as I felt wrong and afraid for making him upset on the first day of work.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you upset-" My sentence was cut by his word.

"Don't cut me!!! I'm not finished yet!!" He yelled and I closed my eyes, couldn't bear his wrath. He dared to yell at me because we were not at the crowd, instead we were at the back of the motel so his reputation and dignity was protected. I swallowed my saliva, accepting whatever he's going to say about my dress. Suddenly, he whistled to the two guys beside him and gave a sign which I didn't really understand. I put my head up and the two guys suddenly approached me and held my arms roughly and tightly.

"What is going on?" I felt scared but helpless doing anything because the two of them were so strong. The 'leader' approached me again and this time he caressed my cheek. His finger slowly reached the apex of my chin and recklessly grab my jaw.

"When I say, you wear to seduce, I fucking mean it," he whispered and then, he slapped me with all his strength. I could felt the pain of his angst on my burned cheek. "Tear her dress!" He instructed the guys beside me and without further ado, they did exactly what they were told to.

"No!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I bawled my eyes out. "I'm sorry!!" I apologised as the guys laid me down on the street and started to tear my sleeve and my below knee-length skirt. I was helpless as the 'leader' scrutinized everything.

And then,

"Carter, I'll take her, I'll take her!!" Someone screamed from the backdoor of the hotel's building and instantly everyone stopped what they're doing.

"Hey, Chris. What you doin here?" Carter said while the two guys put me on my feet.

"What's going on?" Chris examined me from top to bottom. I wiped my tears away and I looked down.

"Nothing much! This slut here doesn't admit she's a slut. I'm tryna teach her a lesson-" Carter's words were cut off by Chris.

"I will be her customer," he exclaimed. "I will sleep with her," he continued. He didn't take his eyes away from me. I couldn't say a word, something worse can happen if I opened my mouth again. I was really traumatized by this incident.

"Are you fucking serious, I could give you the sexiest woman you could ever meet-" again Carter was cut off by Chris.

"I. AM. SERIOUS." The look on Chris's eyes was so intense.

Carter sighed before deciding to let me go. I was free to go as the guys' grip was loosened. I was pushed to Chris's body and his warm hands reached my waist.

"Come with me," he said and smiled, at least giving me hope and safety. We walked by each other's side while his hand wrapped around my arm. I couldn't let myself pushing him away after he saved me so I let him do whatever he pleased to do. I glanced back to my right shoulder to see Carter with the other two guys staring at me deeply. I gulped again for how many times only God knew.

We stepped into the elevators and stood beside each other. No talking, no staring. A complete silence! When the elevator showed '5' he let me walked out of it first and I whispered 'thank you', wishing that he could hear.

To be honest, I admit I was still traumatised by the incident and my mind was already back at home. Not here. Not with whoever this guy is although he saved me.

When the door unlocked, again, he let me in first and I immediately examined every edge and inch of the room. Golden, elegant and fabulous. Only the rich can afford. And Chris, he's probably one of the rich guys out there. But I rapidly come to reality and I didn't want to do this. Although this was the first day of working as a courtesan, I decided to stop. I had made my mind. Nothing could change it.

Chris walked across me, and he stopped in front of the window. I closed my eyes and I took a deep breath before approaching him. Then, I tapped him on his shoulder and he turned to look at me.

"Yes?" He took off his shirt and put his shirt on the floor.

"Mr Chris, um, I didn't want to be rude but I-" he pulled my waist closer to his body and I gasped. He put his lip at the tip of my ear before it descended to my neck. I closed my eyes, I wanted to stop. Our foreheads met and he looked me into my eyes. Slowly, his lips approaching mine. The tip of our lips met but I immediately pushed him away before he making a move.

"I'm sorry, Mr Chris," I took my phone and bag and I ran away. I burst chaos at the hotel and unfortunately as I reached the lobby, I came across Carter and the two guys again. Although I couldn't really remember their faces, I could recognize Carter's body.

What an unfortunate event.