Chapter 10

Beep

Beep

Beep

I groaned smacking my alarm. Fuck school starts today. Jumping up I flung myself to the other side of the room grabbing my clothes and rushing to the bathroom. Getting in I grabbed my towel and turned on the shower. Undressing I climbed in and washed my hair. 'School the most shittiest place on earth' I thought to myself. Washing my body and climbing out I dried and got changed when there was a knock on the bathroom door.

"Sweetie, Larry has just left to meet Sal. He said he will meet you at the front." Mum called, walking away. Rushing I ran into my room and threw everything onto the floor grabbing my backpack and walking to the elevator. The elevator pinged and I walked out seeing Sal and Larry stood there waiting.

"There she is." Larry called, walking outside,  Sal and I following. The walk to school was quiet and awkward. Suddenly the school came into view and we all walked in.

"Y/N." Todd yelled, standing next to his boyfriend Neil. I smiled and walked over. We chatted for a while when I heard a groan.

"Oh look who decided to show her face." Ashely sneered, looking me up and down.

"Sorry Ash, they are my friends too." I sneered back, her rolling her eyes. Sal introduced himself and Ash had to of course flirt. DISGUSTING!

"Hey so you're Sally Face." She cooed in his ear, making me want to vomit.

"U...uh yeah." He awkwardly scratched his neck, ears becoming red. 

I walked away from their conversation not like I really cared who he talked to. Catching up with Todd and Neil we started chatting. My first class was science and I unfortunately had Ashley in that class. Sighing I waved goodbye to the boys and entered my classroom, sitting straight into my seat.

The class was so boring Ash kept making flirty comments to Sal and making me sound dumb in front of everyone, today was the most shittiest day ever. Walking into the hallway Travis stood there with his gang of bullies, I watched as Travis stared at my gang walking closer, I was in no mood for his shit.

"Hey Y/N." Travis started to flirt.

"Bye Travis." I shut him down completely, rolling my eyes.

"Hey freak." Travis stomped over to Sal, pushing me out of the way.

"Nobody likes a goody two shoes. Saaally face." Travis started.

"Nobody likes a cliché bully. Traaavis." Sal finished.

"Don't you have something better to do." I spoke up.

"Shut up bitch I wasn't talking to you." Travis got a little close.

"You know if you took that stick out of your ass you may actually enjoy yourself for once. Maybe even make a friend or two." Sal opened his mouth, I knew what was coming.

"I have more friends then you'll ever have." Travis shot back.

"You kiss your daddy with that tongue. I'm sure he-" Sal started when Travis thumped him one, I grinded my teeth walking up behind him. Ashely took Sal off to check his wound.

"HEY ASSHOLE." I yelled causing Travis to turn around. "MAYBE PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE FUCK WEED!" I got up in Travis face.

"How about you leave me alone, go back to your freak boyfriend and your dead daddy-" I knocked him cold to the ground.

"HOW ABOUT YOU FUCK OF TRAVIS!" I screamed, walking back to the group to see Sal, Ashely, Larry, Todd and Neil staring straight at me.

"Fucking prick." I mumbled, standing with the others. Sal walked to me and hugged me tightly.

"Are you okay?" I asked Sal, getting out of his grip to look at him.

"I'm fine but what about you!" He asked back, checking my eyes to see if there was any pain.

"I'm good, he didn't physically hit me like he did to you. Sorry I didn't warn you about him. He has home issues and I didn't think he would actually hit you-" I rambled, not noticing he was squeezing my hand.

"Sorry." I mumbled, blushing a little. Sal let go of my hands and went to Ash, I couldn't help but listen in.

"Thanks for checking my face Ash." Sal smiled, my heart stopped, he has only met Ash and she's seen his face and Ive known him for over two months and still haven't seen Sal for who he really is. What is he so afraid of?

Hey guys. Thank you so much for reading this book you do not know how happy this makes me feel. I really do wanna become an author one day so seeing how many reads my books get are fantastic. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Jan 29th 2024 - I am adding in that I changed the amount of time that the reader knew Sal for. It originally said 6 months and I didn't realise that I put in a mistake so I changed it. Apologise if it confused any of the old readers. 

Tracy x