"Then fight him yourself, you coward, what do you mean 'one of my men'?" challenged Gauri.

Raghav scowled, and gestured one of his men to come forward. A tall, well-built man, who looked twice the size of Omkara came forward, flexing his muscles. 

"This is Bala. If you can pin him to the ground on his back, then  we'll leave here this instant" said Raghav. "Or are you too much of a coward to fight him, and rather take on some one much younger like myself? Can you fight men your own age?" goaded Raghav.

Age. Again that same statement. Omkara was only thirty, why was everyone out here to make him feel like he was ancient? 

"Don't listen to him, Omkaraji. Just call the police" said Gauri, now red patches across her cheeks. 

Raghav and his men laughed. Even the people around them looked embarrassed, shaking their heads.

"You think, you will use the police against me? The police takes orders from my father. Uff, don't you look pretty when you are angry!" Raghav mocked Gauri. 

But he had gone too far. 

"Enough. I will fight your man, and then you will leave. This instant" thundered Omkara. 

Raghav rubbed his hands together, and nodded his head, anticipating Omkara's fall. 

As if under some hypnotic spell, everyone backed away to let the two men fight. 

Maithili Dadi groaned. She hated how the things went out of her hands. 

"Lets begin" said Raghav.

The moment the words came out of Raghav's mouth, Bala charged forward and punched Omkara in the nose. Omkara wasn't prepared, and he could hear a crunching sound in his nose, and feel hot blood gushing out. Omkara lost his balance, but didn't fall. 

Bala charged forward again, but this time Omkara was ready. He dodged his incoming punch, and instead landed his elbow on Bala's back, as Bala had bent forward to charge. Bala fell flat to the ground but got up instantly, and roared. But this time Omkara charged forward and hit him straight in the stomach, causing Bala to double up in pain. 

The crowd cheered Omkara, sure of his victory now, but they didn't see Raghav coming with a huge stick to hit Omkara from behind. 

Wham! 

Omkara saw stars in broad daylight, and his world went black.

The crowd gasped. Raghav had very openly cheated. 

"How dare you? You coward!" Gauri howled. "This is unfair!"

"Ha, ha, well, I never promised to play fair. If you feel it was so unjust then continue his fight yourself" scoffed Raghav, while his cronies laughed with him.

Bala laughed "You think a tiny girl like yourself will shake me? Not in this lifetime."

Gauri was beyond angry now. Her rage numbed her from within. 

"Fine" she said, but with such deathly calm that everyone felt fearful. 

"You wouldn't" said Raghav, but there was a slight quiver in his voice. 

"Why, are you afraid that you can't protect yourself on you own? That he might lose? Saaf saaf kyun nahi kehte ki darr gaye? (why don't you say it clearly that you are scared?) said Gauri

Raghav screamed "Teach this woman a lesson Bala!"

Bala nodded his head and charged towards Gauri, but using her short height, Gauri managed to swiftly moved to the other side. Bala charged again, but Gauri managed to dodge him easily. But the third time she wasn't so lucky. Gauri dodged him again, but this time she fell on the ground while doing it.