He turned his head and looked at the stairs, raising his hand, motioning me to wait and stay quiet. I was so anxious and nervous as I stood silent, waiting for something to hit me, drag me, hurt me. Seconds passed, each one of them tightening my abdomen because of nervousness.

“Now.” he demanded and ran towards the door, pulling me with him.

I ran behind him outside the house, shutting the door behind us. He was running too fast for me to approach him, like one step of his was twice in large of mine. I kept running though, his grip in my hand was tightening with each minute that passed, giving me an indescribable feeling in the pit of my stomach. The forest was dark, the only source of light was the moonlight, that didn't fo a great job at helping me see a lot of things but to him, it was like he could see everything clearly.

”Where are we going?” I asked breathless.

We were running through the woods, he moved his free hand to move out of the way all the branches and bushes. He seemed really upset, I could tell by the way his eyebrows were knit together, his back was scrunched up and his jaw was set, the muscle on his cheekbone ticking.

“If I tell you, you won't ask questions, okay?” he glanced down at me for a second and I nodded.

“Okay, tell me.” I said, my eyes scanning around all the trees.

“The city.”

His answer made me widen my eyes and my jaw to fall. I looked at him shocked. We were going to the city? The only place he said I wasn't going? The only place I was thinking about the whole time. His answer only made me even more anxious than before, my heart raced and my throat was dry. What was his plan? Was there a catch? What did he want to do to me?

“You're bleeding.” I frowned as I stared at his back and then at his swollen lips,

“So do you.” he answered and looked down at me, his eyes landed on my collarbone.

I looked down at my collarbone and saw a small cut, letting all the blood escape. My stomach twisted at the sight of it and I pressed my lips in a tight line, trying not to vomit. I kept running next to him, the adrenaline rose up inside me, making me feel as if I was going to a trip with my college, only that it was definitely different.

“Does it hurt?” he asked through gritted teeth, trying to keep his breathing to a normal pace.

“No. Does your wounds hurt?” I asked, a little too worried for him.

“No. You're still going to get help though.” he said, surprising me.

“What? From who?”

“You were supposed not to ask questions, right?” he snapped, making me frown.

“Fine.” I sighed and kept running next to him.

My lungs were slightly hurting and my knees were weak when we went out of the forest, the road I came with my friends was now under my feet, confusing me at where he brought me from so I could remember the way and maybe use it one time to escape, but it was difficult since all I saw was a bunch of trees that looked the exact same with each other. I was somehow surprised how we kept running after all the hits we received back into that house.

“We're going to walk?” I asked weakly, placing one palm on my chest when we stopped running and started walking.

“No.” he answered flatly.

“Then how?” I asked confused.

He looked down at me with a stressfull expression plastered on his features. “You're doing too many questions. I thought we said you're not going to do it.” he snapped.

“Sorry, I'm just...ah nevermind.” I shook my head, sighing.

“Hmm.” he hummed and squeezed my hand a little.

We were still holding hands even though there was absolutely no reason. I didn't want to pull away though, and it made me feel annoyed with myself for that. The warmth that transported from his hand to mine was something overwhelming though.

“I'm impressed we still haven't pass out.” I chuckled lightly to myself, gaining his attention.

“What?” he furrowed his brows.

I looked in front of me at the road, the dark sky and the shining stars somehow relaxing me, the dry tears on my cheeks finally letting me speak. “We ran for so long, we got thrown against walls, hit, yet here we are. Surviving, if this is the right word to use.” I explained.

“Right.” he nodded, agreeing with me.

It was symbolic, I swear. Everything seemed so...right. To me. Me and him, hand in hand, walking down a road, trying to escape from something or someone demonic–it was surely demonic to me–helping each other. I felt it deeply down inside of me, we should be like this. We should do this. I knew it, I just felt it. Otherwise, I would probably run backwards and he would chase me, pinning me down and ripping my heart out. The thought only send shivers down my spine.

I wanted so bad to ask him what happened back there, who did all this–why and if it had happen again before. But I knew I was forbidden to ask another question otherwise I would upset him even more than he was and I didn't want that to happen. Going to the city with him was not the best idea, but what could I do? It wasn't like I had a choice, right?

We kept walking for a while until my tracks came to a halt and my stomach tightened at the sight of Ashton's jeep. It was just the way we left it, waiting for 4 friends to come back and drive it back home, turn the radio on and sing as loud they could to OneRepublic, laugh with Calum's jokes, take selfies with Grace's phone, share my food, get lifs advices from Ashton that were never that great..The memories flashed behind my eyes and brought a lump to my throat, nostalgia and all the emotions mixing up and trying to take over me but I refused to let them do it.

“W-we're going with t-that?” I stammered, my voice small as I pointed towards the Jeep with my free hand.

He looked down at me with a frown. “Yes.” he replied and stared at me with narrowed eyes.

“Oh...” is all I managed to say, the lump on my throat got me tongue-tied.

He let a small heavy sigh and I turned to look at him with watering eyes. He ran a hand through his hair and tugged at the roots lightly. I swallowed my tears and he locked eyes with me, pressing his lips in a tight line before squeezing my hand gently, sending another jolt of electrecity through my arm.

Why is this happening every time?

“Let's go.” he said and I gulped before nodding and walking next to him towards the car that could easily save me.

But the question was: Save me from who exactly?

(A/N: double update because I love you so much and I just wanted to give you extra anxiety for next chapters hah AND because my story has already 2K reads omfg guuys!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D

(I wrote them both in one day so...I hope they're not that bad. And plz excuse typos, I'm writing the chapters in my phone so I didn't have the time to edit..)

What do you think it's going to happen when they'll go to the city? Ready to read what's next? And who's your favourite 1D/5SOS member? I'm just curious. Mine's Liam/Ashton :) xx)