“No!” I cried, my voice shakey.

I tried to stand up but I felt something pressing against my back, like a boot, pulling me down. My loud sobs couldn't be muffled by my lips that were forced to be pressed together, as they escaped them. He stood up and rubbed the back of his neck in order to sooth the pain before he fisted his palms and clenched his jaw.

“Enough!” he shouted, anger cursing his body.

I heard an evil laugh from on top of me and I felt the the boot from my back dissapearing in seconds. He seemed unaware as he walked quickly towards me, glaring in front of him but not to me. This was all so weird and definitely terrifying.

He stopped in the middle of the hall, glaring at something invisible to me. He wiped his bleeding lips with the back of his hands and ran a hand through his hair. It was like he could communicate to something I couldn't see with his eyes. I felt lost and small under all this aura, all this emotions that took control over me.

I heard a voice saying some words I didn't recognize and then a door shut closed, making me jump and let a small scream. I covered my mouth with my hands and stood on my knees, leaning against the wall and keeping my sobs to myself.

He let a deep breath and looked at me, his black eyes softening as they connected with mine. I gave him a bewildered and scared look wich made him press his plump, heart-shaped lips in a tight line and walk towards me.

I tried to control my breathing as he crouched down in front of me and narrowed his eyes, studying me, trying to read inside my head. He lifted his hand, reaching for my cheek but I shook my head, scooting even closer to the wall. His lips parted at my reaction and something flashed behind his eyes that I couldn't quiet read since the tears that formed in my eyes made my vision blurry.

“Are you–”

“What was that?” I cut him off, my voice cracking at the end.

His eyebrows fell. “I think you should–”

“What. Was. That?” I asked slowly, cutting him off once more.

He stood silent for a couple of seconds, staring at me intensly. “We have to go.”

By the second the words leave his lips I heard another door shutting from upstairs, making me jump on my seat.

“Go where?” I asked terrified.

“You have to trust me.” he said lowly, causing my heart to flutter.

“T-trust you?” I stammered, wrapping my arms around me.

“Yes.” he answered, his eyes full of hope. He held his hand out for me and I gulped loudly, staring at it and how his knuckles were bleeding from the other side.

I was uncertain if I should trust him. All I just saw was something too strange to me, too dangerous. He has hurt me so many times, he almost killed me 3 times, he slapped me, he stabbed me, he almost drown me..The list was long and it only brought hate and pain into my heart. I felt like I should just beg him to kill me, but giving up was never in my list of choices. But I couldn't ignore the fact that he did try to save me, he pulled me off the wall, he held me tightly, he asked me how I am. This was all evidence, this was my proof. He still cares. And the thought that I was the one he cared of made my heart to dance inside my chest out of relief and happiness. So yes, at this moment I realized..I trusted him. I had to trust him.

Slowly and hesitentaly, I unwrapped my arm from around me and took his hand, his palm was warm under mine and send a mysteriously jolt of electricity through my body from the touch. He let a sigh from his plump lips and stood up, pulling me up with him.