"Hey, this is more important" said Rudra. 

Soumya was glad that he took this view of matters. "So, big day at the internship? I am so glad that they are giving you serious work. You are actually getting to make a presentation" said Soumya excitedly.

"I am surprised too, both the fact that they are actually impressed with my work so far, and because they are actually giving me, an Oberoi son, this kind of opportunity. The Ranas are pretty normal you know" said Rudra.

"Obviously Rudra. Did you think Mallika didi would fall for someone who is not? Also, what did you think just because they are rivals of Oberoi family in business, they are abnormal?" said Soumya.

"Mallika didi is not what you would call normal though" laughed Rudra. 

Soumya giggled as well. 

"Chalo we better go, before we get really late" said Soumya. 

Rudra kissed Soumya's forehead, and both went their own way, to their offices.

*************************************************

Breakfast was a cheerful affair, everyone excited about tomorrow. 

Omkara went with the Mahesh and others after breakfast to oversee the setting up of the stalls for tomorrow, while Gauri was busy making clothes and ornaments for decorating the idols. 

On the other end, Maithili Dadi was looking worried. 

Omkara, without really intending to overheard a part of her conversation with her sons, while he was about to leave with Mahesh.

"Maa, don't worry we have everything under control. We will give them the requisite amount" said Maithili Dadi's elder son.

"I don't know how you managed it, this year the mills haven't performed to maximum utilization, because the agrarian year wasn't to our advantage. Oh why are they coming tomorrow?" said Dadi, holding her head.

"Because they want to create a scene in our fest. They know the huge crowd that comes to our festival, so they want to show who is the boss. They are collecting tribute from other mill owners two weeks later, why choose us tomorrow?" said the younger son. 

"Their excuse is that if we have such money to organize this fest, then why not pay our dues earlier" said his elder brother. 

"But the funds for the fest our from a separate account we have maintained for years, that money is preserved for our God, for our pooja" said Maithili Dadi, astonished that the Patils would make up that excuse.

"I know, mother, but who is to explain this to them. We don't tamper with the money kept aside for our religious duties. I just hope they take their dues and leave tomorrow without creating any hassle for us" sighed the elder son.

Maithili Dadi nodded her head slowly, though if she knew that family correctly then creating a scene is exactly what they wanted.

Omkara didn't like the sound of this. His hosts seemed to facing a much bigger problem than local power dynamics. It sounded a lot like extortion to him. 

While supervising the preparations for the fest, Omkara asked Mahesh about the same, without alluding to the conversation he overheard.

"Mahesh, brother, what kind of drama can these people actually pull in the fest? I mean, you have your own guards here, in the estate" said Omkara.

"Well, their people can get rough, and so can ours, but we try to avoid an actual physical altercation. The last time such a thing happened a couple of years back, we were overpowered badly, and most of our guys were admitted in the hospital" replied Mahesh. "Not to forget these people have actual political power to pass laws that are detrimental to the interest of sugar cultivators and mill owners in the region. If other mill owners suffer because of us, then that would lead to bad blood within the union."