Only Hope Chapter 53

*Leah is up above!

Only Hope Chapter 53

Brooke's Pov:

Without saying another word or a glance in my direction, Louis and Leah walked out of my room. Harry walked over to me and took a seat on the bed.

"Who was that?" I asked. "Don't get mad," he said. I narrowed my eyes at him and said, "I swear, if you don't tell me who that is I will shove you out the window." He raised his hands in defense and nodded with wide eyes.

"I swear! I ran into her at the grocery store when everyone went out to do their own thing and she wanted to come back to see Louis again and I tried saying no but she followed me back here and I didn't know what else to do and-" "Harry! Shut up and tell me who she is. I really don't care about what happened," I said. He sighed and hung his head.

"Her name is Leah Thompson. She was Louis' first girlfriend and love," he said. In that moment, I felt my heart drop and fear shoot through me. "I'm sorry, I swear I am. I tried everything to get her away because I knew what you would do and-" I shook my head, silencing him to stop talking.

"It's okay. Really. Nothing will happen. Louis and I are engaged and nothing will take him away," I said, but I wasn't so sure about that. She was his first love and I'm sure they had so many great memories that they will love to relive.

Louis' head popped around the door. He held a huge smile on his face. "I'm going to go out with Leah for a little bit. She wants to take me somewhere for my birthday. I'll be back later," he said before disappearing down the stairs.

I looked at Harry with nervous eyes before sighing and standing up. He followed my movements and stood behind me, pulling me to his chest to comfort me.

"Nothing will happen," he assured. "I know. . . But I can't help but worry. She is already taking him away when he and I are suppose to celebrate his birthday together," I said. I leaned into my brother for comfort, letting out another sigh.

"We should make him envy about something," he said. I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. "Do you not know how much problems that will cause?" I asked. He shrugged and said, "he didn't seem to think that when he went out with his ex-girlfriend." "But he didn't know that I knew." "My point exactly."

I slouched my shoulders and though this through. "How about we do something better?" I suggest with a glint of mischief. He looked at me with shock as amusement. "What would that be?" he asked. I let out a small laugh and said, "I think we should sabotage." "You are really my little sister. . . let's go," my brother said, entwining our hands and pulling me out of the room and down the stairs.

"We can't get caught though," I said, "he would for sure hate me." "Don't worry. If he catches us I'll make sure to take the blame." I smiled up at my brother as we exited the house and began walking down the neighborhood streets.

"Why would you do that?" I asked, curiosity taking the best of me. "Because you're my sister and I don't want to see you hurt even more by the dumbass," he said, making me laugh. "But he is my dumbass," I said, smiling.

"Can I ask you something? And promise me you won't get mad," he said, I nodded. "Why do you stay with him when he has put you through so much?" he asked. "Well, why are you still best friends with him after he put your sister through so much?" I asked him.

"You know I will choose you over him, but I guess it is hard to throw away memories that I shared with a close friend," he said. "My point exactly. I tend to look past those mistakes to see the real him. Most of those things he did was used out of anger and hurt. I can't say I'm the innocent one in the situation. I put him through a lot too," I said.

We turned the corner around the block and continued to make our way down into the town. "He should have still fought for you even if he was clueless of what was going on. He shouldn't have moved on with Dylynn right away," he said.

"He wasn't thinking at the time. I did hurt him too, and continued to push him away," I said. "You were scared. What he did wasn't an excuse," he defended me. He wrapped a protective arm around me and held me close. I sighed and said, "I guess you're right."

We made our way through the town and spotted a little cafe. It also happened to be the cafe Louis and Leah were sitting at. A smirk formed across our lips as we watched the two. My smirk faded for a moment when I saw Leah place a hand on Louis bicep but I shook the thought away.

"It's game time."

A/n: AN UPDATE!! What a shocker. I felt like you guys deserved it since I couldn't update for so long. I hope you liked it :)